Philip Perrotta is a partner in Kaye Scholer’s Finance Department. He is also co-head of the Aviation Finance & Leasing Practice, as well as managing partner of the firm’s London Office.
An aviation lawyer with great experience and a long and successful track record, Philip specializes in aviation and aviation finance and is leading the continued growth of the Firm’s highly respected and regularly recognized Aviation Finance & Leasing Practice from London. He acts for a broad range of significant aircraft lenders, lessors, operators and aviation businesses globally, principally on secured debt matters, leasing matters and airline restructurings. He has successfully concluded hundreds of transactions involving commercial and business aircraft, aero engines and other aviation assets in jurisdictions in all continents.
In terms of external recognition, Chambers UK (2015-2017) ranked Philip as a leading lawyer in the UK for Aviation Finance and Legal 500 (2015) ranked him as a leading lawyer in the UK for Asset Finance and Leasing. He is commended by clients in Legal 500 UK for being “very strong” and “dealing with all the big points without ever over-lawyering them.” Chambers UK 2016 detailed that he “has notable expertise on the sale and leaseback, and PDP financing of commercial aircraft. He is acclaimed for his strategic advice,” while the 2017 edition described him as “a highly experienced transaction negotiator, with an excellent manner in calmly dealing with issues, resolving disputes and handling clients.” In addition, Philip is also recognized as a leader for Transport – Aviation Finance by Who’s Who Legal (2015).
Philip is a regular contributor at aviation industry events and is often requested to comment on relevant developments in the aviation finance market.
- Southeast Asian low-cost carrier acquiring 92 A320/A321 aircraft from the manufacturer in a deal worth US$9.1 billion.
- Asian flag carrier acquiring 15 A330/A350 aircraft from the manufacturer in a deal worth US$3.1 billion.
- Asian flag carrier in a pre-delivery financing of 5 A330 aircraft.
- South African equity fund in relation to the sale and leaseback financing of four B777 aircraft for an African flag carrier.
- European regional aircraft support services provider in financing the acquisition of a global fleet business for over 300 aircraft.
- Major African flag carrier in relation to its sale-leaseback financing of 20 Embraer 190 aircraft.
- Major Canadian regional aircraft manufacturer in the US$90 million structured financing of plant and machinery for new aircraft type production.
- Major Asian flag carrier in the US$175 million syndicated secured loan facility involving a variety of aviation assets.
- Major European flag carrier in the Japanese Operating Lease financing of A330 and Embraer 170 aircraft.
- Secured lenders in a series of debt financing of new and used business jet aircraft including Falcon 900EX, Challenger 604, Legacy and Citation.
In The Market
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Airfinance Journal Names Kaye Scholer as a Top Firm August 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- IBLJ Recognizes Kaye Scholer as a “Significant Player” in India July 5, 2016 • Recognitions