Sidanth Rajagopal is a partner in the Finance Department in Kaye Scholer’s London office specializing in aviation and aviation finance. His practice focuses on the financing, leasing and purchasing of aircraft and engines for both the commercial and private jet markets. He has developed a significant client base providing both financing and non-contentious advice to a number of the leading airlines and has been involved in a considerable number of transactions across the commercial aircraft and corporate jet sector.
Sidanth acts primarily for airlines, leasing companies and banks operating across the Middle East, Africa, India and South Asia.
Sidanth is ranked by Legal 500 2015 as a leading lawyer in the UK for Asset Finance and Leasing. He is also recognized by Who’s Who Legal, Asialaw Leading Lawyers and the India Business Law Journal as a leading lawyer in aviation.
Prior to joining Kaye Scholer, Sidanth was a partner at a major aviation and insurance firm based in London, operating out of their Dubai office.
- Southeast Asian low-cost carrier acquiring 92 A320/A321 aircraft from the manufacturer in a deal worth US$9.1 billion.
- Southeast Asian low-cost carrier in its pre-delivery payment financing for 6 aircraft.
- Low-cost Indian airline in the purchase of 42 Boeing 737 Max aircraft from the manufacturer in a deal worth US$4.5 billion.
- Start-up Indian airline in setting up its operation, including leasing of three ATR 72-500 aircraft.
- Low-cost Indian airline in restructuring its operations and thereafter leasing of various Boeing B737-800 aircraft and Bombardier Q400 aircraft.
- Aircraft leasing company in raising US$100 million to finance US$1 billion worth of aircraft sale and lease back transactions.
- Aircraft lessor in their restructuring of 5 ATR 72-500 aircraft from Export Development Canada and the subsequent lease to Pakistan International Airline.
- UAE based low cost airline in their sale and leaseback of 8 Boeing B737-800 aircraft.
- US based aircraft lessor in their sale and leaseback transaction for 2 Airbus A320 aircraft with Indigo Airlines in India.
- US based aircraft lessor in their sale and leaseback transaction for 2 Airbus A320 aircraft with GoAir in India.
- Aircraft leasing company in operating lease financing for three B777-200 aircraft to Emirates.
In The Market
- Airfinance Journal Names Kaye Scholer as a Top Firm August 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- IBLJ Recognizes Kaye Scholer as a “Significant Player” in India July 5, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veling in Partnership with Flexpoint Ford November 19, 2015 • Client Successes