Oscar Ramallo is an Associate in the Litigation Department of the firm’s Los Angeles office. His practice includes general business litigation, with a focus trademark and copyright litigation. He also routinely advises companies in numerous aspects of online marketing and advertising. Mr. Ramallo has extensive experience in all stages of litigation, from managing and conducting discovery to preparing briefings and arguments before the Court.
- Obtained seven-figure jury verdict after five-week trial on behalf of owner of freecreditreport.com trademark in cybersquatting and trademark infringement case. Obtained complete defense verdict on counterclaims for fraud on the Patent and Trademark Office and antitrust violations. ConsumerInfo.com, Inc. v. Chang, et al. (C.D. Cal. 2011).
- Obtained summary judgment and seven figure attorney fee award in district court in trademark infringement case. ConsumerInfo.com, Inc. v. Money Management International, Inc., 2008 WL 4183929 (C.D. Cal. 2008).
- Drafted demurrer that resulted in an early and favorable settlement for client in a case alleging “click fraud” in online advertising. Creditors Adjustment Bureau, Inc. v. XtraPlus Corp. (L.A. Superior Court 2009).
- Obtained writ of mandate for shareholder of a film company compelling inspection of corporate records.
- Represented the Trustee of the Death Row Records estate in numerous bankruptcy adversary proceedings. In re Death Row Records, Inc. (Bank. C.D. Cal.).
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a pro bono client that released her from an onerous music publishing contract.
- Developed a novel legal argument for the Alliance of Children’s rights, which was used successfully in multiple cases to obtain Foster Care benefits in case types which previously had been routinely rejected.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Ramallo served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Mary M. Schroeder, Chief Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Represents Los Angeles City Council in Settlement with Ontario International Airport December 21, 2015 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Files Amicus Brief in Support of National Center for Missing and Exploited Children October 21, 2014 • Client Successes
- 117 Lawyers and Legal Assistants Honored for Pro Bono Commitment February 25, 2014 • Recognitions