Tanyel Serpemen is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department. He is a dual qualified lawyer admitted to practice as a Rechtsanwalt in Germany and as a Solicitor in England & Wales. Tanyel focuses on cross-border financial and corporate restructurings, the structuring of acquisitions and disposals of distressed loan portfolios, bondholder restructurings and advising investment banks and distressed funds in special situations and corporate insolvencies.
Tanyel has worked on several high profile European cross-border restructurings and non-performing and sub-performing loan portfolio trades including, the representation of a group of Mezzanine lenders to Highstreet in the restructuring of €3.4bn of debt owed by the Karstadt retail business and the acquisition of a €1.1bn mortgage loan portfolio by GE Capital from Capmark.
- Representation of a UK based special servicer on the special servicing and work-out of an English law governed CMBS loan portfolio collateralized by 50+ German properties in and outside of insolvency.
- Representation of a mezzanine lender in the restructuring of a German care home financing and transfer of the Mezzanine Agent role.
- Representation of a UK based distressed fund in its bid for the acquisition of a €48m senior secured German real estate loan on LMA terms.
- Representation of BNP Parisbas Trust Corporation UK Limited as Security Trustee on voluntary early redemption and wind-down of a €80m+ securitisation of consumer receivables.
- Representation of majority group of bondholders in a US$50m Foreign Currency Convertible Bond (FCCB) issued by a listed Indian pharmaceuticals company.
- Representation of Credit Suisse on the restructuring of a convertible bond and debt-for-equity conversion in a listed German real estate investment and asset management company.
- Representation of JPMorgan in the restructuring and wind-down of its acquisition and securitisation platform for €300m+ German mortgage loans.