Dr. Jens Steger is an Associate in Kaye Scholer’s Frankfurt office since January 2013. He is specialized in German- and EU antitrust and competition law, and in compliance as well as information technology and privacy & data protection law. He advises on and represents clients in the full spectrum of EU- and German Competition law, especially:
- German and European merger control;
- proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission regarding abusive practices by dominant companies;
- sector investigations by the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission;
- fine proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission;
- representing clients against antitrust follow-on claims and enforcing compensation claims;
- representing clients regarding horizontal and vertical cooperation agreements and research and development agreements/R&D;
- joint ventures and compliance.
Jens advises and represents national and international clients before the German Federal Cartel Office, the European Commission and in court proceedings before German and European courts.
During his work on his doctoral thesis in the area of merger control law (“Die räumliche Marktabgrenzung nach der Bagatellmarktklausel des § 35 Abs. 2 Satz 1 Nr. 2 GWB”), he worked as a research assistant at the Institute for Energy law at the University of Cologne in the area of German and EU Competition law with regards to Energy law and an international law firm (specialized in antitrust law) in Cologne. During his legal traineeship (Referendariat) Jens worked at the German Federal Cartel Office, at the antitrust and competition group of another international law firm in Cologne and Dusseldorf as well as at the 1st Cartel Senate of the Higher Regional Court Dusseldorf.
Jens regularly publishes professional articles with a focus on competition law.
In The Market
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Jungermann and Steger Counsel Water Integrity Network on Libel Law March 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- WuW Publishes Steger Article on Compliance Management Systems for US Antitrust Violations February 2016 • Media Mentions