Jennifer L. Taiwo is an associate in the Complex Commercial Litigation Department and has concentrated her practice on complex commercial disputes, product liability matters, and internal investigations. She practices in both federal and state courts, represents corporations in multidistrict litigations and class actions, and counsels clients on compliance issues. Jennifer’s experience spans the litigation process from conducting early litigation risk assessments to negotiating favorable settlements and arguing appeals. She has supervised discovery teams, conducted numerous depositions, and prepared company witnesses for deposition and trial. Jennifer has extensive experience working with expert witnesses, including the selection of experts, development of expert reports and preparation of experts for deposition and trial testimony.
Jennifer is committed to the firm's pro bono program, and routinely represents pro bono clients in civil and criminal appellate litigation. She is also a member of the firm’s Recruiting and Diversity & Inclusion Committees.
Prior to joining Kaye Scholer, Jennifer served as a law clerk for the Honorable Petrese B. Tucker, United States District Court Judge in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania from 2008 through 2010.
- Pfizer, Inc. as co-national defense counsel in product liability litigation alleging birth defects related to the antidepressant Zoloft.
- Pfizer Inc. and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc. as co-national counsel in product liability lawsuits alleging birth defects related to the antidepressant Effexor XR® and obtaining dismissal of all cases pending in the MDL.
- Global manufacturer in complex litigation and obtaining approval of a landmark global class action settlement.
- Major multinational company and its subsidiaries in a global investigation initiated by the United States Government.
- Major financial institution in actions seeking recovery for breaches of interest rate swap agreements.
In The Market
- Judge Grants Pfizer’s Motion for Summary Judgment in Zoloft MDL April 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- 117 Lawyers and Legal Assistants Honored for Pro Bono Commitment February 25, 2014 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Client Curran Principal Academy Wins Dismissal In Suit Brought By One Of Its Graduates October 15, 2013 • Client Successes