Colin Tan is an English-qualified Counsel in the London office of Kaye Scholer’s Finance Department focusing on banking and finance matters.
Colin acts for banks, private equity funds and other financial institutions in relation to general banking and leveraged finance transactions originated in the U.K. and Europe. In addition, he also advises them on structured products and related derivative transactions, including bespoke credit derivative transactions. Recently, Colin has advised senior steering committees, facility agents and security trustees in relation to the financial restructuring of LBO capital structures in the EU and Eastern Europe.
- Beaufort Securities Limited as arranger in respect of:
- A proposed £500 million MTN programme for a English residential building developer;
- A proposed project bond backed by solar assets in India.
- US investment bank in relation to:
- £300 million syndicated guaranteed revolving credit facility provided to a FTSE50 REIT;
- US$425 million syndicated guaranteed and secured platform revolving credit facility provided to a NASDAC listed REIT;
- Banking guarantees issued for the benefit of a major airline operator.
- US financial institution in relation to the provision of debtor in possession (DIP) financing for a global retail business.
- Various US and UK private equity clients in relation to:
- A €625 million unitranche acquisition financing of a German gaming business;
- A €925 million high yield bond and super priority facility refinancing for a German wind turbine manufacturer;
- A €650 million term loan B covenant lite facility refinancing for a European parking lot group.
- The disposal of a UK based storage property business and the associated repayments of the restructured facility relating to such business.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal Capital on the Corporate Reorganization of and Investment by KKR in Cognita June 28, 2013 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Acts for Rheinmetall on €500M Single Currency Revolving Credit Facility 16. Dezember 2011 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents American Securities in its Acquisition of Unifrax November 30, 2011 • Client Successes