David von Saucken is a partner in the Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department of Kaye Scholer’s London and Frankfurt offices. David focuses on solvent or insolvent restructuring of businesses and liabilities as well as distressed investing. David has ample experience in advising funds and investment banks in corporate special situations both in Europe and Emerging Markets and has also often worked on CMBS and other complex real estate-related restructurings. He also counsels on debt and private equity investments in performing situations.
According to 2015 Chambers Global, David “simplifies complicated things and provides clear advice” to his clients.
- Representation of an international real estate business originating in the Benelux in respect of the restructuring of a EUR 150 m Mezzanine loan.
- Representation of a majority group of financial creditors in their bid to acquire 100% of the equity of a German clean room technology business.
- Acquisition of a portfolio of distressed shipping loans for a distressed investor.
- Representation a majority group of bondholders out of court in the negotiations for an out of court restructuring of German listed company IVG AG.
- Representation of the majority group of bondholders in the insolvency of German solar systems company Q-Cells SE.
- Representation of a European bank in relation to the restructuring of an investment in the structured debt issued to finance a Tokyo landmark office tower.
- Representation of the special servicer in the work-out of the Dawnay Day sponsored Karstadt Kompakt property portfolio.
- Representation of the special situations group of an international investment bank on evaluating a commitment to finance Project Isobel, a loan portfolio disposal by RBS’s non-core unit.
- Representation of a group of banks and a securitized lender in the work-out of a residential mortgage portfolio in excess of €1 billion through offshore receivership.
- Representation of an investment fund in the restructuring of Rodenstock GmbH.
- Representation of a group of holders of Islamic finance certificates in the restructuring of Kuwaiti investment house IIG.
- Representation of the majority mezzanine lenders holding €750 million of debt to Highstreet, a vehicle owning some of Germany’s largest department stores.
- Representation of a major creditor in the restructuring of Vivacon AG, a German listed company specializing in ground lease securitization.
- Representation of the majority holders of the US$3.52 billion Nakheel Sukuk Al Ijara.
Recognized as a restructuring and insolvency expert in the UK and Germany in Chambers Global 2015 and 2016.
Recognized as a notable practitioner by 2011 Chambers UK
- Recognized as a frequently recommended lawyer in the JUVE handbook of German commercial law firms
In The Market
- Chambers Global 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer Lawyers March 2016 • Recognitions
- CR Investment Management Sells Two More Properties from the Mercatoria Portfolio August 3, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Chambers Global 2015 Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Worldwide March 2015 • Recognitions