Bob Wagman is Counsel in Kaye Scholer’s Washington, DC office, where he practices in the National Security, Government Contracts & Regulatory Compliance Department. Bob has substantial experience representing US and foreign companies of all sizes in a broad range of industries in all facets of conducting business with the government. Bob’s experience ranges from representing companies in litigation matters before courts and administrative tribunals to advising clients in transactional matters and regulatory compliance. In addition to representing government contractors, Bob also advises a number of clients on commercial contracting matters.
Bob’s practice primarily focuses on government contracts litigation. He has represented numerous companies in civil False Claims Act (qui tam) matters ranging from representing companies at the early stages of DOJ/Inspector General investigations, to securing dismissal of qui tam complaints, to defending firms in jury trials. He has conducted internal investigations on behalf of companies and boards of directors and advised on self-disclosure obligations. Bob also has represented companies and individuals in suspension and debarment matters. He has experience in representing government contractors in criminal investigations involving alleged misconduct on government programs. In the bid protest arena, he has successfully represented both protesters and intervenors in bid protest matters at the GAO, the Court of Federal Claims and before agencies. He has prosecuted claims on behalf of companies and also represented companies in prime/sub disputes.
He has significant transactional experience, and has advised numerous companies on corporate transactions involving government contractors, including conducting due diligence. He has represented both buyers and sellers in several transactions involving foreign acquisitions requiring foreign ownership, control or influence (FOCI) mitigation procedures and Committee on Foreign Investment in the US (CFIUS) regulatory approvals. Additionally, he regularly counsels companies on day-to-day contract matters including government contract intellectual property issues and unique corporate compliance requirements.
- Conducted an internal investigation on a classified contract related to a whistleblower’s claims concerning falsified time charging, resulting in the government electing not to pursue any charges.
- Represented a senior executive in a False Claims Act investigation and case brought by the government related to defective pricing and improper business practices under a GSA Schedule contract.
- Successfully defended a publicly-traded company in a criminal bid rigging investigation related to US government contracts.
- Advised a Fortune 100 internet technology company on US and international government contracting requirements.
- Serves as outside general counsel to several small and medium sized companies on contract and regulatory compliance and other government contracting issues.
- Successfully represented a major defense contractor on a multi-billion dollar GAO protest.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Represents Lender Group in IAP Worldwide Restructuring July 21, 2014 • Client Successes