Thomas Yadlon focuses his practice on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, equity and debt offerings, and liquidations in- and out-of-bankruptcy. Tom also counsels clients on general corporate matters, including governance and securities laws compliance. He represents a variety of US and international companies, including private equity sponsors, financial institutions, and publicly- and privately-held companies in various industries.
Tom has substantial experience in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a wide variety of transactions, including leveraged acquisitions, recapitalizations, mergers, strategic investments, restructurings and dispositions.
- American Securities in the sale of portfolio company Robertson Fuel Systems LLC, a leading producer of auxiliary fuel systems for military rotorcraft, to HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. for US$255 million.
- Fremont Private Holdings in a strategic equity investment in PD Instore, a leading retail environment design and manufacturing company.
- Novartis in the acquisition of Admune Therapeutics, a clinical stage biotechnology company, broadening Novartis’ immune-oncology pipeline.
- American Securities in the acquisition of SeaStar Solutions, the leading manufacturer of precision-engineered vessel control systems and other specialized applications in marine and industrial-end markets, from an affiliate of H.I.G. Capital, LLC.
- Novartis in its acquisition of CoStim Pharmaceuticals Inc., a Cambridge, MA-based, privately held biotechnology company focused on harnessing the immune system to eliminate immune-blocking signals from cancer.
- Onex Corporation in the acquisition of The Warranty Group, Inc., a leading global provider of warranty solutions and related programs, for US$710 million, and the subsequent sale to private equity firm TPG for an enterprise value of approximately US$1.5 billion.
- Novartis on a significant multiyear alliance with California-based Aduro Biotech focused on developing next generation cancer immunotherapies targeting the Stimulator of Interferon Genes (STING) pathway for an upfront payment of $200 million and an equity investment of US$50 million.
- W. Childs Associates and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity in the acquisition of Advantage Sales & Marketing Inc. (ASM) for approximately US$1.05 billion, and the subsequent sale to Apax Partners for US$1.8 billion.
- Onex Corporation in its acquisition of USI Insurance Services LLC from a private fund managed by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. for US$2.3 billion.
- Wheels Up in its placement of a US$1.4 billion order with newly reorganized Beechcraft Corp., formerly Hawker Beechcraft. As part of the contract, Beechcraft Corp. will build up to 105 King Air 350i aircraft, valued at US$788 million, and will serve as the comprehensive maintenance provider for Wheels Up in North America and Western Europe, valued at US$600 million. Also advised Wheels Up in exercising its first option to purchase an additional 35 King Air 350i turboprop aircraft, and in a new capital round of up to US$115 million.
- American Securities and its portfolio company The United Distribution Group Inc. in the acquisition of GHX Holdings, LLC, a leading distributor of industrial fluid transfer and sealing solutions, forming one of the largest energy focused industrial distribution and service-related companies in North America.
- Onex Corporation and its affiliates in their investment of US$871 million in JELD-WEN, a leading manufacturer of residential and light commercial interior and exterior doors, windows and related products.
- American Securities in its acquisition of Unifrax, the leading global manufacturer of high-temperature insulating fiber products.
- GSC Group, an investment manager that managed a diverse portfolio of private equity, mezzanine loan, and distressed funds and CLO/CDOs in the US and Europe and had US$28 billion of assets under management at its peak, in the sale of its assets under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code and other corporate matters in its Chapter 11 case.
- Tequila Avión, an ultra premium tequila brand, in its agreement with Pernod Ricard, the world’s co-leader in spirits and wines, granting exclusive global distribution rights to Pernod Ricard, and its sale of a majority stake in the Avión Spirits LLC joint venture to Pernod Ricard USA.
In The Market
- Ten Kaye Scholer Practices Recognized, 29 Individuals Cited in Legal 500 US 2016 June 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Fremont in Equity Investment in Process Displays January 22, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Robertson Fuel Systems on Sale to HEICO December 23, 2015 • Client Successes