RSS Feed - Social Media - Kaye Scholer LLP
Current Feed: http://www.kayescholer.com/practice/rss.xml?p=social_media
William A. Tanenbaum (05/30/13)
William A. Tanenbaum is Chair of the IP and Technology Transactions Group and Chair of the Green Tech and Sustainability Group at Kaye Scholer. He was named “Lawyer of the Year 2013” in Information Technology Law in New York by Best Lawyers in America. He is ranked in Band One in Technology and Outsourcing in New York by Chambers. His IP and Technology Transactions Group is ranked in the First Tier in Information Technology Law in New York by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers. Chambers found that he “built one of New York City’s most outstanding transactional IT practices.” Bill assists clients in updating IT systems and integrating Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Social Media and Privacy Protection. His practice focuses on IP, IT and technology transactions, as well as Healthcare IT (he is recognized as a “Life Science Star”) and the convergence of cleantech and mainstream business (he was named to the “CleanTech 100”). The common element in his practice is that clients in a range of industries retain him for his IP and IT experience. He is a past President of the International Technology Law Association and is currently a Vice President of the Metropolitan New York Chapter of the Society for Information Management (SIM), an industry association for CIOs and senior IT executives.
Surveys of clients, in-house counsel and peer attorneys find that he:
- “is one of the best IP attorneys I have worked with” (Euromoney’s LMG Clean Technology and Renewable Energy Guide)
- is one of the Top 25 IT Lawyers in the US (Best of the Best)
- was named a 2013 "IP Star" (Managing IP)
- “brings extremely high integrity, a deep intellect, fearlessness and a practical, real-world mindset to every problem” (Chambers)
- “draws on a truly impressive array of technology law expertise, creativity, high integrity and common sense, and he gets parties to closure” (Legal500)
- is “efficient, solution-driven and makes excellent judgment calls” and “an effective negotiator” (Chambers)
- is “endorsed by all as a ‘strong, pragmatic lawyer who knows exactly how to get a deal done’” (World’s 250 Leading Patent and Technology Lawyers)
- “is among the market’s foremost IT licensing experts and a leading authority on related issues such as data security, privacy and social media” (World’s 250 Leading Patent and Technology Lawyers)
- is “recognized as a thought leader across the spectrum of IT and IP transactions” (IAM Patent 1000)
- “is an acknowledged expert on the convergence of mainstream businesses with cleantech” (Chambers)
- is recognized as a “Life Science Star” (Euromoney’s LMG Life Sciences Guide)
- was named to the “CleanTech 100” in Euromoney’s LMG Clean Technology and Renewable Energy Guide, which praised the versatility of the firm’s GreenTech and Sustainability practice and concluded that the firm’s “IP practice really stands out with its knowledge from a technological point of view.”
Because of the strength of Bill’s practice, Kaye Scholer was named as the “Technology & Outsourcing Law Firm of the Year in New York for 2013” by Global Law Experts, the “Internet & E-Commerce Law Firm of the Year” by The Lawyers World Law Awards 2011 and Kaye Scholer is “Recommended” for IP in cleantech in the Clean Technology and Renewable Guide. Bill’s experience and leadership in the fields of technology transactions and outsourcing were recognized when he was selected to serve as the neutral arbitrator in a $30 million outsourcing dispute and other arbitrations.
Bill is the lead partner in IP and IT transactions and in patent litigations. He led a team that handled a significant business method patent case for a multinational financial institution. He also led a team that won a victory for a multinational medical device client in a patent case in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He chairs or co-chairs annual legal conferences on Outsourcing, Healthcare IT, Cloud Computing and GreenTech and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences.
Bill is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society.
Randall Stempler (03/12/13)
Randall Stempler has extensive experience in complex outsourcing and technology transactions, including BPO and ITO transactions, E-Commerce, the Internet and intellectual property licensing. He also has broad experience in corporate finance, general corporate, commercial and securities law, as well as mergers and acquisitions.
Kaye Scholer Recognized in Legal 500 US 2011 (03/08/13)