Joseph Berkowitz is an Associate in Kaye Scholer’s Palo Alto Office. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, disclosure, public offerings, private placements, joint ventures and other corporate partnering transactions. Joe has extensive experience counseling clients in the technology, health care and financial services industries in a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions.全部显示
- Sybase in $5.8 billion sale to SAP.
- Novartis in securing an exclusive option to acquire Selexys Pharmaceuticals Corp. for up to $665 million.
- Zynga, Inc. in $180 million pre-IPO tender offer by DST Global for Zynga employees’ shares.
- Spansion Inc. in $368 million acquisition of Saifun Semiconductors.
- Nokia Siemens Networks in acquisition of Atrica Inc.
- Basic Chemical Solutions in acquisition by Univar Inc.
- Francisco Partners in $126 million acquisition of QuadraMed Corporation.
- Francisco Partners in acquisition of Quantros Inc.
- Francisco Partners in $40 million acquisition of EF Johnson Technologies.
- Francisco Partners in add-on acquisition of Transpond for Webtrends.
- Francisco Partners in $AU159 million credit facility for Mincom.
- Vector Capital in $160 million acquisition of Aladdin Knowledge Systems.
- Symphony Technology Group in $265 million acquisition of First Advantage business from CoreLogic.
- Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Chinese International Capital Corporation Limited as underwriters in US IPO of Chinese company Concord Medical Services Holdings Limited.
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Citigroup Global Markets, Inc., Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. and Piper Jaffray & Co. as underwriters in the US IPO of Chinese chemical company Chemspec International Ltd.
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in credit facilities for Korn/Ferry and Skilled Healthcare.
- 21st Century Oncology and Dignity Health (formerly Catholic Healthcare West) in acquisition of cancer care centers.
- Scripps Health in a collaboration and $165 million credit facility in connection with the development, operation and financing of the Scripps Proton Therapy Center.
- Motion Picture Television Fund in the proposed lease of its long term acute care hospital and intensive care nursing facilities to Providence Health and Services, and the proposed transfer of hospital license to Providence Tarzana Medical Center.
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in acquisition of medical clinics.
- Hoag Orthopedic Institute in joint venture and private placement of equity securities for an orthopedic specialty hospital.
Civic, Charitable and Speaking Engagements
- Acts as counsel to microfinance institutions such as TMC Development Working Solutions and low-income individuals through Legal Services for Entrepreneurs and the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights on a pro bono basis (LSE).
- Has conducted “Business Law Basics” seminars covering entity formation, intellectual property, employment and real estate law (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) for the U.S. Small Business Administration and LSE.