Sean Boyle’s practice is concentrated in the areas of patent litigation and complex civil litigation, as well as counseling Life Sciences clients. Sean has substantial experience litigating patent infringement cases relating to biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices. Sean’s experience includes litigation in federal and state courts, as well as appeals to the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to his career in law, Sean was a National Institutes of Health fellow at the University of Washington where he studied gene regulation using recombinant adenoviral systems. Sean has been published in several peer-reviewed journals and book chapters.
- Enzo Life Sciences v. Affymetrix Inc., (SDNY). Represented Affymetrix in a patent infringement and breach of distributorship agreement litigation.
- E8 Pharmaceuticals LLC v. Affymetrix Inc. (Fed. Cir.). Represented Affymetrix in an appeal to the Federal Circuit relating to Reduced Complexity Genomes.
- Enzo Life Sciences, Inc. v. Affymetrix, Inc. (DDel). Represented Affymetrix in a patent infringement litigation relating to nucleic acid hybridization assays.
- Illumina, Inc. v. Complete Genomics, Inc. (NDCal). Represented Complete Genomics in a patent litigation relating to nucleic acid sequencing.
- 117 Lawyers and Legal Assistants Honored for Pro Bono Commitment February 25, 2014
- Kaye Scholer’s Successful Defense of Complete Genomics Highlighted in The Daily Journal’s “Top Verdicts” February 13, 2014
- Kaye Scholer Secures Settlement of Two Patent Infringement Cases Filed by Illumina Against Complete Genomics July 18, 2013