H. Stephen Castro is a Partner in the New York office of Kaye Scholer’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department. Stephen focuses his practice primarily on the financial services sector, including the representation of secured and unsecured creditors in debt financings, out-of-court loan workouts, restructurings and recovery of syndicated loan facilities. He has extensive experience advising multinational financial institutions on the wide range of issues confronting creditors, including structuring lending transactions, strategies for the conversion of debt to equity, restructuring debt acquired at a discount and asset dispositions in the insolvency context.全部显示
- Represented the Administrative Agent in connection with a $60 million ABL facility.
- Acted on behalf of the Administrative Agent and a group of Lenders in connection with first and second lien credit facilities extended to a manufacturer of custom-engineered metal and plastic components.
- Represented the Administrative Agent under a term loan DIP facility extended to Geokinetics Inc.
- Represented the Administrative Agent in an out-of-court restructuring effected through the issuance of $500 million of senior unsecured notes.
- Represented the Administrative Agent for a large lending syndicate in an out-of-court restructuring effected through the subordination of existing private placement notes and the orderly sale of certain assets.
- Represented a private equity fund that acquired all outstanding loans under an ABL facility extended to a printed circuit board manufacturer in connection with its extension of DIP financing.
- Represented the bondholders relating to O’Hare International Airport in connection with their negotiation of approximately $150 million in Senior Convertible Notes in the United Airlines bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented the Administrative Agent and Lender in connection with its consensual foreclosure of a CDO portfolio pledged as collateral for a secured credit facility.