Robert Estrin is an Associate in the Litigation Department of Kaye Scholer's Los Angeles office. Mr. Estrin has represented clients in many practice areas, including intellectual property matters, entertainment litigation, employment litigation, and complex business disputes. Mr. Estrin has litigated in both federal and state court, and his experience includes preparing and arguing various motions before the court and taking crucial depositions. Mr. Estrin is also actively involved in Kaye Scholer's pro bono program.
Successfully defended an oil company against claims of retaliatory discharge and wrongful termination by obtaining a judgment as a matter of law in defendant's favor after three days in trial.
- After prevailing at summary judgment, obtained a successful settlement for plaintiffs in a breach of contract and fraud case involving a dispute between business partners.
- Played a key role in obtaining a settlement to allow a Grammy winning singer and actress to proceed with her singing career under a new and more favorable recording contract.
- Successfully defended a multi-platinum selling singer and television star against claims of breach of contract.
- Represented a large private equity firm in a lawsuit alleging various business torts, including interference with prospective business advantage.
- Actively involved in a trademark infringement and cybersquatting lawsuit that resulted in a jury verdict upholding the validity of our client's trademark and awarding damages.