Robert Estrin is an Associate in the Intellectual Property Department of Kaye Scholer's Los Angeles office. He has represented clients in many practice areas, specializing in patent litigation, entertainment law, and complex business disputes.
Mr. Estrin has prepared and argued various motions before trial and appellate courts, and has actively participated in trial and ADR proceedings. Mr. Estrin has had primary responsibility for the damages phases of patent litigation. He also has managed complex e-discovery in federal and state court litigations.
Mr. Estrin is actively involved in Kaye Scholer's pro bono program, winning Kaye Scholer's Pro Bono Award in 2009, 2011, and 2012. His pro bono accomplishments include successfully returning full ownership for several homeowners who were induced by fraud to sign quitclaim deeds.
Representing Sequenom, Inc., an exclusive licensee of pioneering IP relating to noninvasive prenatal diagnostics, in patent infringement actions against several companies pending in the Northern District of California.
Representing Google, Inc. in a patent infringement action pending in the Eastern District of Texas relating to digital rights management technology.
Representing Affymetrix, Inc. in a patent infringement action pending in the District of Delaware relating to nucleic acid array technology.
Successfully represented Experian Information Solutions, Inc.'s subsidiary in a trademark infringement and cybersquatting lawsuit in the Central District of California, which resulted in a seven-figure verdict for the client after a jury trial
- Successfully defended ExxonMobil Corporation against claims of retaliatory discharge and wrongful termination by obtaining a judgment as a matter of law in ExxonMobil Corporation's favor after three days of trial.
- Successfully represented Grammy winning singer and actress Jill Scott, obtaining a favorable settlement allowing her to proceed with her singing career under a new and more favorable recording contract.
- Successfully represented multi-platinum selling singer and television star Brandy Norwood against claims of breach of contract.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice for defendant Allan Brown in Canyon Limited v. Brown.
- After successfully defeating defendants' motion for summary judgment, obtained a successful settlement for The 180 Group in a breach of contract and fraud case involving a dispute between business partners.
- Kaye Scholer Secures Jury Verdict of Non-Infringement for Google in Content Protection Patent Dispute September 24, 2015
- Helping Homeowners Get Their Property Back June 28, 2013