Klaus Eyber is a Partner in the Frankfurt office. His practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and commercial law, as well as litigation, arbitration and various types of dispute resolution. Dr. Eyber has handled IPOs and mergers and acquisitions for major international corporations. On the litigation side, Dr. Eyber is particularly experienced in damage compensation and forensic services, and concentrates in advising entities that have suffered substantial damage caused by fraud, tort, negligence, mismanagement or breach of contract.
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business has recognized Dr. Eyber for five consecutive years as a leader in Germany for Dispute Resolution. He is also ranked in the same category in Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Businessfor 2012 and 2013, along with Kaye Scholer’s entire German Litigation Team. Most recently, Dr. Eyber was named in the Litigation and Product Liability Lawyers (2014) Expert Guide by Legal Media Group; he was also chosen as the recipient of Corporate INTL’s 2015 “Breach of Contract Lawyer of the Year” (Germany) award.
- Representation of a large US-telecommunication company and market leader in its international enforcement of damage claims in the 10 digit range against Turkish billionaire family Uzan and Turkish telecommunication company Telsim including injunctive relief, the attachment of property (shares, real estate, aircraft etc.) and the enforcement of foreign arbitration awards and US-judgments.
- Representation of a global IT company in the enforcement of claims against suppliers and former employees in corruption and bribery cases.
- Representation of a midsize savings and loan bank in the enforcement of claims in an amount of € 20 mio. against the receiver of an automotive supply company who considered the loan as equity subrogation.
- Representation of an industrial plant constructor (automotive) in a complex damage claim exceeding € 7 mio. in relation to a work and delivery contract against a supplier and sub-suppliers.
- Representation of real estate investors in untimely termination of lease agreement by tenant.
- Representation of a listed stock corporation in a damage claim exceeding € 5 mio. against its former CEO and an external advisor incl. injunctive relief and personal arrest of defendant.
- Representation of a Dutch telecommunication company in enforcement and injunction proceedings against fraudulent telecom provider incl. settlement agreement on damage compensation with criminal prosecution.
- Representation of German bankruptcy administrator in civil action for damages of app. € 5 mio. against trustee of more than 10,000 investors.
- Defence against claim by former sales agent and advisor/nephew of minority shareholder and managing director due to fraudulent activities and disguise of shareholding in sub-contractor in Slovakia and China.
Prior to joining Kaye Scholer, Dr. Eyber was a partner at the German law firm Haarmann Hemmelrath. He was also previously employed by two other major German law firms, and had various internships and a legal clerkship that took him around the world.
Dr. Eyber regularly holds speeches and seminars on cross-border litigation, cross-border insolvencies and the legal consequences of corruption and bribery.