Klaus Eyber is a partner in the Frankfurt office. His practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and commercial law, as well as litigation, arbitration and various types of dispute resolution. Dr. Eyber has handled IPOs and mergers and acquisitions for major international corporations. On the litigation side, Dr. Eyber is particularly experienced in damage compensation and forensic services, and concentrates in advising entities that have suffered substantial damage caused by fraud, tort, negligence, mismanagement or breach of contract.
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business has recognized Dr. Eyber for six consecutive years as a leader in Germany for Dispute Resolution, clients stating that "He's very reliable and also very critical - he knows what the risks and consequences are and he is very meticulous." He is also ranked in the same category in Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business for 2012 and 2013, along with Kaye Scholer’s entire German Litigation Team. Most recently, Dr. Eyber was named in the Litigation and Product Liability Lawyers (2014) Expert Guide by Legal Media Group; he was also chosen as the legal awards winner for 2015 as a “Breach of Contract Lawyer of the Year in Germany” by both Corporate INTL and Global Law Experts.
Dr. Eyber regularly holds speeches and seminars on cross-border litigation, cross-border insolvencies and the legal consequences of corruption and bribery.
- Large US-telecommunication company and market leader in its international enforcement of damage claims in the 10 digit range against Turkish billionaire family Uzan and Turkish telecommunication company Telsim including injunctive relief, the attachment of property (shares, real estate, aircraft etc.) and the enforcement of foreign arbitration awards and US-judgments.
- Global IT company in the enforcement of claims against suppliers and former employees in corruption and bribery cases.
- Midsize savings and loan bank in the enforcement of claims in an amount of €20 million against the receiver of an automotive supply company who considered the loan as equity subrogation.
- Industrial plant constructor (automotive) in a complex damage claim exceeding €7 million in relation to a work and delivery contract against a supplier and sub-suppliers.
- Real estate investors in untimely termination of lease agreement by tenant.
- Listed stock corporation in a damage claim exceeding €5 million against its former CEO and an external advisor including injunctive relief and personal arrest of defendant.
- Dutch telecommunication company in enforcement and injunction proceedings against fraudulent telecom provider incl. settlement agreement on damage compensation with criminal prosecution.
- German bankruptcy administrator in civil action for damages of approximately €5 million against trustee of more than 10,000 investors.
- Subsidiary of listed holding stock corporation in its defense against a claim by a former sales agent and advisor (nephew of minority shareholder and managing director) for fraudulent activities and disguising shareholding interest in a sub-contractor company based in Slovakia and China.
In The Market
- Chambers Europe 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer May 2, 2016 • 评级与认同
- Chambers Global 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer Lawyers March 2016 • 评级与认同
- Kaye Scholer Named Germany Law Firm of the Year for Antitrust, Breach of Contract Law January 11, 2016 • 评级与认同