Abigail Langsam represents clients in a host of intellectual property matters, including patent litigations and intellectual property transactions. She is experienced in every stage of litigation, including discovery management, trial, and appeal, and has practiced in both state and federal court. Langsam regularly advises on patent due diligence investigations, and has counseled clients in connection with licenses and acquisitions. Langsam’s patent matters have spanned technologies including small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic drug products, pharmaceutical compositions, drug delivery technology, telecommunications, biofuels and computer systems.
Representative Patent Litigation Experience
Broadband iTV, Inc. v. Hawaiian Telcom, Inc., Oceanic Time Warner Cable LLC and Time Warner Cable, Inc. Represented Time Warner Cable defendants in patent litigation relating to on-demand television.
- Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation v. St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Inc. and Juno Therapeutics, Inc. (E.D. Pa.). Represented Novartis in patent litigation relating to leukemia immunotherapy with Chimeric Antigen Receptor modified T cells. Managed all discovery in this complex litigation.
- G.D. Searle LLC and Pfizer Asia Pacific PTE. LTD. v. Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., et. al. (D. Va.). Represented Pfizer in patent litigation concerning Pfizer’s Celebrex®drug product. Worked extensively with experts and devised winning claim construction strategy.
- Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. et al. (D.N.J.). Member of trial team representing Sanofi-Aventis in patent litigation relating to Sanofi’s Allegra® drug products.
- Vivelle Ventures, Noven Pharmaceuticals, and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation v. Mylan Technologies, et al. (S.D.N.Y). Represented Vivelle Ventures, Noven Pharmaceuticals and Novartis in Hatch-Waxman litigation concerning the Vivelle Dot® transdermal estradiol drug product.
- Mednovus, Inc. and First Texas Holdings Corp. v. Qinetiq Group PLC et al. (C.D. Cal). Represented Qinetiq Group in patent litigation relating to metal detector technology.
- Butamax ™ Advanced Biofuels LLC and du Pont de Nemours and Company v. Gevo, Inc. (D. Del). Represented Butamax and du Pont in patent litigation relating to biofuels technology.
- CLS Bank International v. Alice Corporation PTY. LTD. (D.D.C.). Represented CLS Bank International in landmark patent litigation relating to computerized methods of exchanging financial obligations.
- Amgen v. F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Roche Diagnostics Gmbh, and Hoffman-La Roche Inc. (D. Mass.). Represented Roche defendants in patent litigation relating to recombinant human erythropoietin therapy.
- Pfizer Inc. et al. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (D.N.J.) Represented Pfizer in first Hatch-Waxman litigation concerning Pfizer’s Celebrex® drug product.
- Langsam to Moderate Hot Topics and Issues in the Biosimilars Space Panel February 29, 2016
- Kaye Scholer Announces 2016 Partner and Counsel Elevations December 11, 2015
- IP Team Advises Novartis on Series of Strategic Transactions Worth $30 Billion April 24, 2014