Manvin Mayell is an experienced litigator whose practice focuses on major product liability cases, white collar investigations and commercial litigation. He has represented domestic and foreign corporations in a variety of litigations, including the nationally coordinated defense of leading pharmaceutical companies facing hundreds of product liability suits. He has also represented clients in antitrust and breach of contract litigation. Mr. Mayell, a former Assistant US Attorney, is also experienced in white collar litigation, including representing pharmaceutical clients in government investigations regarding marketing practices, and representing financial services clients in internal investigations of alleged accounting fraud. Mr. Mayell has used those experiences to counsel clients regarding compliance issues and to lead compliance reviews. Mr. Mayell is an experienced trial lawyer, having tried numerous cases to verdict and handled a variety of appeals. He is a co-author of the Kaye Scholer LLP Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance and White Collar Issues (Practising Law Institute 2007), focusing on issues under the federal False Claims Act.全部显示
Mr. Mayell was an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York from 1991 to 1999, where he headed the environmental and tax and bankruptcy units of that office’s Civil Division. During his tenure, Mr. Mayell tried a number of cases and handled a wide range of civil litigation matters, including a civil RICO action against a corrupt labor union, ERISA litigation, federal False Claims Act investigations and litigations, and civil rights cases. In 1996, Mr. Mayell received the Director’s Award for Superior Performance as an Assistant United States Attorney.
Represented Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. in the phenylpropanolamine (PPA) product liability cases, coordinating trial strategy and litigation efforts nationally. Worked closely with medical experts in developing trial testimony and handled expert discovery. Trials resulted in four defense verdicts and no plaintiff verdicts.
- Member of the co-national counsel team representing AstraZeneca in thousands of product liability lawsuits alleging that its antipsychotic medication Seroquel causes diabetes. Responsible for individual case discovery, briefing and expert matters.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in responding to government investigations on marketing practices, including off label promotion and kickback allegations, and drug pricing.
- Represented large international pharmaceutical company in antitrust action related to patent infringement allegations regarding new drug product.
- Represented audit committee of a public company in an internal investigation of alleged accounting fraud.
- Represented financial institution in breach of contract suit related to portfolio of subprime automobile loans.
- Represented a large financial institution at trial of breach of contract lease claim against it by landlord, resulting in dismissal of all claims.
- Represented a leading brewer in breach of contract claim regarding bottling equipment.