Benjamin Mintz is a partner in Kaye Scholer’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department. Ben has extensive transaction experience with respect to the negotiating and drafting of complex asset purchase agreements, loan agreements, investment agreements, subordination and intercreditor agreements, factoring agreements, and reorganization plans. He has also been actively involved in several litigation matters before bankruptcy and other courts throughout the country, including appeals to federal district and circuit courts.全部显示
His practice is focused on representations of debtors in and out of bankruptcy (both corporate and individual), creditors’ committees, lender groups, DIP lenders, fiduciaries, equity holders, indenture trustees and individual creditors (including secured and unsecured creditors, lessors and employees) in a variety of industries including: hedge funds, real estate, health care, retail, financial, gaming, manufacturing, entertainment, telecommunications, and apparel.
Ben has been a leading attorney in many complex, high profile restructurings including:
- Harbinger Capital Partners funds as a lead investor to Delphi Corp. and other matters
- Healthcare Finance Group as the prepetition and DIP lender in a number of healthcare bankruptcy proceedings (e.g., KidsPeace, St. Mary’s Hospital, Caritas Healthcare, New York Westchester Square, St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center)
- Montefiore Medical Center as buyer of Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center
- The bank groups of Jones Stephens, Tishman DC office portfolio, Aladdin Gaming and Formica Corporation
- The official creditors’ committee of Regus Business Centres
- The prepetition and/or DIP lender in numerous matters (e.g., Foamex, LyondellBasell, Abitibi and Spiegel/Eddie Bauer)
- Capmark in connection with the restructuring and/or sale of distressed loan assets
- Various debtor representations (Geotek Communications, Unitel Video, The Caldor Corporation)
- Rosenthal & Rosenthal, Inc. as lender or factor in various matters
Ben is a recipient of the Healthcare Deal of the Year Award for his work on the reorganization of KidsPeace Corp., presented at the 2014 ACG New York Champion’s Awards.
Ben is a recipient of Thurgood Marshall Award and the 2010 Pro Bono Publico Award.