Christine O’Connell is an Associate in the Real Estate Department of Kaye Scholer’s New York office. She represents investment banks and other institutional lenders in the origination and restructuring of portfolio and CMBS mortgage and mezzanine loans for the acquisition and refinancing of various properties throughout the US.全部显示
Christine advises clients on the purchase and sale of mortgage and mezzanine loans, note sales and the sale of participation interests, as well as the workout and foreclosure of first mortgage debt and mezzanine loans. Christine has experience working on the formation of joint ventures, corporations, LPs and LLCs. She has previously represented developers, investors, property managers and hotel owners in a variety of transactions that include the purchase, sale and refinance of commercial real estate.
Recent Representative Experience
Christine’s recent experience includes representation of:
- A commerical real estate company in providing a $185 million credit facility that financed the acquisition of a 40-property office portfolio comprised almost entirely of Wells Fargo Bank-leased properties across eight states on the East Coast.
- A major investment bank:
- in a $210 million financing of a 137 million-square-foot regional mall.
- in a $123 million mortgage financing of 626,826-square-foot office building in Los Angeles.
- in a $95 million mortgage financing of a 965,259-square-foot building located at 3550 Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles.
- in the mortgage financing of the Vanguard Data Center in Philadelphia.
- in the $66 million mortgage refinancing of a 404,656-square-foot office building located at 3530 Wilshire Blvd in Los Angeles.
- A commercial real estate finance company:
- in a $32 million mortgage and mezzanine loan on 11 office properties known as Commerce Park in Danbury, CT.
- in the acquisition of a senior note and a $125 million first mortgage loan secured by The Apthorp located at 390 West End Avenue in New York City.
- in a first mortgage and mezzanine loan on Centinela Studios in Santa Monica, CA.
- in a $95 million financing of a 20-property industrial portfolio.
- in a $23 million mortgage loan on two apartment complexes in Bryan, TX.
- A major investment banks in a $640 million first mortage financing of a portfolio of 70 mobile home communities.
- A major investment bank:
- in a $46.8 million Sharia-compliant first mortgage financing of 5425 W. Amelia Earhart Dr. in Salt Lake City, UT.
- in a $20 million first mortgage financing of CityWide Self Storage in Long Island City, NY.
- in a $64 million first mortgage financing secured by the Puente Hills Shopping Center in City of Industry, CA.
- in a $72 million first mortgage financing of the Hutchinson Metro Center in the Bronx, NY.
- A private equity real estate investment fund:
- in a $33 million construction loan from US Bank, secured by a property located on E. 43rd St. in New York City.
- in a $25.3 construction loan from M&T Bank secured by a property located on W. 36th St. in New York City.
- A major investment bank and private fund in a $72 million mortgage and mezzanine loan secured by a property located at 1460 North Halsted, Chicago, IL.
- A real estate investment firm in the restructuring of a $500 million credit facility.