Debra Schreck is Counsel in Kaye Scholer’s Complex Commercial Litigation Department, representing clients in a variety of commercial matters.
Debra has experience defending clients in litigation related to product liability, antitrust, securities and healthcare, including pharmaceutical companies involved in qui tam litigation and state and federal criminal and civil investigations of healthcare fraud. Debra also assists corporate clients in conducting large-scale internal investigations and advises them on matters related to internal compliance programs.
Debra serves on the firm’s Recruiting Committee and is active in the firm’s mentoring program.
- United States ex rel. Garcia et al. v. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation et al., 06 Civ. 10465 (WGY). Successfully defended Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Novartis Corporation in qui tam suit brought in District of Massachusetts by multiple relators, alleging off label and kickback claims in connection with the asthma medication, Xolair®. On a motion to dismiss, obtained dismissal with prejudice of all claims.
- Defended major brand name prescription drug manufacturer in qui tam litigation brought in Southern District of New York by government and relator, alleging kickbacks to specialty pharmacies in connection with various medications.
- Representation of an international corporation in connection with a pre-merger antitrust investigation by the US Department of Justice, resulting in antitrust clearance.
- Representation of a medical device manufacturer in a multi-district federal investigation involving allegations of off-label promotion and kickbacks.
- Representation of a corporate officer of a technology company in connection with a securities fraud investigation.
- Representation of a government agency official in connection with an ethics probe.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Secures First Circuit Win on Behalf of Novartis in False Claims Act Lawsuit July 14, 2016 • 新闻公告
- Kaye Scholer Obtains Dismissal of Qui Tam Suit Against Novartis March 17, 2015 • 新闻公告
- Kaye Scholer Announces New Counsel for 2015 December 15, 2014 • 公司信息