Kaye Scholer represented long-time client J.W. Childs Associates and its portfolio company, American Safety Razor Company, in connection with the sale of American Safety Razor to Lion Capital LLP, a London based private equity firm. The $625 million transaction closed on July 31, 2006 and was structured as a merger of American Safety Razor's parent holding company. American Safety Razor is a leading global manufacturer of private label wet shaving razors and blades and industrial, specialty and medical blades.
The Kaye Scholer corporate team consisted of Stephen Koval, Thomas Yadlon and Jeffrey Misher. Other Kaye Scholer attorneys participating in the transaction were John Geelan (labor), Arthur Woodard (employee benefits), Laurie Abramowitz (tax), and Peter Danias (antitrust).
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes