Kaye Scholer represented long-time client J.W. Childs Associates and its portfolio company, American Safety Razor Company, in connection with the sale of American Safety Razor to Lion Capital LLP, a London based private equity firm. The $625 million transaction closed on July 31, 2006 and was structured as a merger of American Safety Razor's parent holding company. American Safety Razor is a leading global manufacturer of private label wet shaving razors and blades and industrial, specialty and medical blades.
The Kaye Scholer corporate team consisted of Stephen Koval, Thomas Yadlon and Jeffrey Misher. Other Kaye Scholer attorneys participating in the transaction were John Geelan (labor), Arthur Woodard (employee benefits), Laurie Abramowitz (tax), and Peter Danias (antitrust).
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes