Kaye Scholer represented long-time client J.W. Childs Associates and its portfolio company, American Safety Razor Company, in connection with the sale of American Safety Razor to Lion Capital LLP, a London based private equity firm. The $625 million transaction closed on July 31, 2006 and was structured as a merger of American Safety Razor's parent holding company. American Safety Razor is a leading global manufacturer of private label wet shaving razors and blades and industrial, specialty and medical blades.
The Kaye Scholer corporate team consisted of Stephen Koval, Thomas Yadlon and Jeffrey Misher. Other Kaye Scholer attorneys participating in the transaction were John Geelan (labor), Arthur Woodard (employee benefits), Laurie Abramowitz (tax), and Peter Danias (antitrust).
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions