Kaye Scholer represented Novartis in a definitive agreement to acquire Protez Pharmaceuticals along with the rights in North America and Europe to PZ-601, a novel hospital antibiotic in clinical development. Under the terms of the agreement, Novartis agrees to fully acquire Protez for USD 100 million. Protez's owners are eligible for additional payments of up to USD 300 million, which are contingent upon clinical milestones, regulatory approval for PZ-601 and the achievement of commercialization targets.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Adam Golden.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- China’s Buying Spree: Is It Real and Sustainable? August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Beware the Interplay Between Indemnification Provisions and D&O Advancement Provisions... August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles
- 2016 Amendments to Delaware General Corporate Law Include Revisions to... August 22, 2016 • Articles