Kaye Scholer represented Novartis in a definitive agreement to acquire Protez Pharmaceuticals along with the rights in North America and Europe to PZ-601, a novel hospital antibiotic in clinical development. Under the terms of the agreement, Novartis agrees to fully acquire Protez for USD 100 million. Protez's owners are eligible for additional payments of up to USD 300 million, which are contingent upon clinical milestones, regulatory approval for PZ-601 and the achievement of commercialization targets.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Adam Golden.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Advises Celestica in Asset Acquisition from Karel Manufacturing December 9, 2016 • Client Successes
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Term Sheets and Tech Deals: Key Considerations Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes