NEW YORK – Pernod Ricard, the world’s co-leader in spirits and wines, and Tequila Avión, ultra premium tequila brand, announced an agreement granting exclusive global distribution rights to Pernod Ricard, which also acquired a minority interest in the burgeoning brand.
Launched in July 2010, Tequila Avión has quickly emerged as an ultra premium spirit of choice in many high-end venues in the US. Kaye Scholer LLP has served as Tequila Avión’s counsel since the company’s inception, and represented Tequila Avión in the transaction.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Partners John Geelan and Tom Yadlon, and included Partners Laurie Abramowitz, Paul Llewellyn, Jeffrey London, Counsel John Rynkiewicz, and Associates Tess Fang and David Menchel.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 4 All-Star MDLs July 27, 2016 • Articles
- Navigating the Emerging Regulatory and Litigation Challenges to the Food Industry June 3, 2015 • Reports / Newsletters
- Pogust Talks Craft Brew Labeling Issues with Corporate Counsel May 13, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Food Labeling for Companies Manufacturing or Distributing Food in China February/March 2015 • Articles
- Sweet and Savory: Popular Ingredients with Possible Lawsuits February/March 2015 • Articles
- The FDA's Enforcement Powers Under FSMA: Recipes for Compliance November 6, 2014 • Articles
- The Perils of Navigating Legal Issues in Bringing a New Food Product to Market October 24, 2014 • Articles
- Energy Drink Cos. May Find State AG Suits Hard To Swallow August 29, 2014 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Secures Preliminary Injunction Against Maryland State Senator's Copying of Hershey's Trade Dress July 17, 2014 • Client Successes