Negotiated “Very Creative Solution” for the Chinese-Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation
Kaye Scholer served as National Counsel to client Knauf Plasterboard Tianjin (KPT) In re: Chinese-Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation. We developed and negotiated a landmark global class action settlement involving thousands of homes that were installed with KPT drywall, requiring remediation of the affected properties. The innovated settlement benefited KPT by allowing it to repair the affected homes rather than having to pay monetary damages, assuring the most cost-effective solution.
Called a “very creative solution to a very complex problem that is...fair, comprehensive and just” by mass torts expert Prof. Stephen Salzburg of George Washington University Law School, the settlement generated more than 500 media stories around the US. When “officially” approved by U.S. District Judge Eldon E. Fallon, the settlement will effectively end the ongoing litigation and class-action lawsuits. Lead partners: Steven Glickstein, Jay Mayesh (Product Liability) and Gregory Wallance (White-Collar Litigation & Investigations).
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- 3D Printing: New Life Sciences Technology and Old Product Liability Claims August 1, 2016 • Articles
- Juries Rebuff Prosecutors in Recent Trials of Health Care Executives July 29, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Law360 Names Kaye Scholer a Top 50 Litigation Powerhouse July 28, 2016 • Recognitions
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 4 All-Star MDLs July 27, 2016 • Articles
- Three Kaye Scholer Partners Named Among Benchmark Litigation’s Top 250 Women... June 29, 2016 • Recognitions
- Ten Kaye Scholer Practices Recognized, 29 Individuals Cited in Legal 500 US 2016 June 15, 2016 • Recognitions