Kaye Scholer is representing Apex Wind Energy, a national developer of utility-scale wind energy facilities both onshore and offshore, in connection with the 298 megawatt Canadian Hills project, located about 25 miles northwest of Oklahoma City.
The firm is representing Apex Wind Energy in the $23 million sale of a 51% stake in the wind farm to Atlantic Power Corp (AP).
In connection with the project, the firm also negotiated Turbine Supply Agreements with REpower Systems SE and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. and Power Purchase Agreements with Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority (OMPA) and Southwestern Electric Power Co. (SWEPCO), and advised on sponsor equity.
Construction on the $460 million Canadian Hills project will begin in April and is expected to be completed by late 2012.
The Kaye Scholer team includes Jeffrey Chester, Elizabeth Sluder, Justin Johnson, Willys Schneider, Gregg Benson, Julia Schiesel, Andrew Fan, and David Cousineau.
Also of Interest
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- NISPOM’s New Insider Threat Program Is an Opportunity to Establish Competitive Edge July 13, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Reuters Interviews Rutenberg and Greenblatt on Energy Industry MLP Trends March 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Reuters Interviews Rutenberg on Recent MLP Ruling’s Energy Sector Implications March 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Distressed Coal—Will the Cycle Ever Turn? February 11, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Pro Bono Representation Helps Protect the Public Interest in Proposed Utility Company Merger August 31, 2015 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Gravity Midstream on Bank Loans August 27, 2015 • Client Successes
- Randy Speck Named Chair of the Sustainability Energy Utility Advisory Board August 26, 2015 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2016 Recognizes 45 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 17, 2015 • Recognitions