Kaye Scholer represented American Securities LLC and its portfolio company The United Distribution Group Inc. (UDG) in its acquisition of GHX Holdings, LLC (GHX), a leading distributor of industrial fluid transfer and sealing solutions. The acquisition forms one of the largest energy focused industrial distribution and service-related companies in North America, allowing UDG to expand its leading position as a distributor of mining equipment to the coal industry and reach the oil and gas industry as well. As a result of the acquisition of GHX, UDG now has a nationwide network of 65 branches and over 800 employees. The financing entered into in connection with the acquisition consisted of a $250 million first lien term loan, $40 million first lien revolving credit facility and a $135 million second lien term loan.
The Kaye Scholer deal team was led by Partners Mel Cherney, Tom Yadlon and Sheryl Gittlitz, and included Partners Laurie Abramowitz, Jeffrey London and Glenn Pogust, and Associates Connie Ericson, Javier Stark, Roxanne Mintz, Brian Witkowski, Viktoriya Karshenboyem, Jane Wilson and Mendel Yudin.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts