Kaye Scholer represented American Securities LLC and its portfolio company The United Distribution Group Inc. (UDG) in its acquisition of GHX Holdings, LLC (GHX), a leading distributor of industrial fluid transfer and sealing solutions. The acquisition forms one of the largest energy focused industrial distribution and service-related companies in North America, allowing UDG to expand its leading position as a distributor of mining equipment to the coal industry and reach the oil and gas industry as well. As a result of the acquisition of GHX, UDG now has a nationwide network of 65 branches and over 800 employees. The financing entered into in connection with the acquisition consisted of a $250 million first lien term loan, $40 million first lien revolving credit facility and a $135 million second lien term loan.
The Kaye Scholer deal team was led by Partners Mel Cherney, Tom Yadlon and Sheryl Gittlitz, and included Partners Laurie Abramowitz, Jeffrey London and Glenn Pogust, and Associates Connie Ericson, Javier Stark, Roxanne Mintz, Brian Witkowski, Viktoriya Karshenboyem, Jane Wilson and Mendel Yudin.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles