Kaye Scholer represented American Securities LLC and its portfolio company The United Distribution Group Inc. (UDG) in its acquisition of GHX Holdings, LLC (GHX), a leading distributor of industrial fluid transfer and sealing solutions. The acquisition forms one of the largest energy focused industrial distribution and service-related companies in North America, allowing UDG to expand its leading position as a distributor of mining equipment to the coal industry and reach the oil and gas industry as well. As a result of the acquisition of GHX, UDG now has a nationwide network of 65 branches and over 800 employees. The financing entered into in connection with the acquisition consisted of a $250 million first lien term loan, $40 million first lien revolving credit facility and a $135 million second lien term loan.
The Kaye Scholer deal team was led by Partners Mel Cherney, Tom Yadlon and Sheryl Gittlitz, and included Partners Laurie Abramowitz, Jeffrey London and Glenn Pogust, and Associates Connie Ericson, Javier Stark, Roxanne Mintz, Brian Witkowski, Viktoriya Karshenboyem, Jane Wilson and Mendel Yudin.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Advises Celestica in Asset Acquisition from Karel Manufacturing December 9, 2016 • Client Successes
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles