New York — Kaye Scholer recently represented Uni-World Capital as co-equity sponsor in the acquisition, together with co-equity sponsor Brightwood Capital, of VanDeMark Chemical Inc., a manufacturer of phosgene derivatives and North America's leading producer of merchant phosgene. Phosgene is a major industrial chemical used in the pharmaceutical, agricultural-chemical, polymer and fine chemical industries.
The transaction was sourced through Sidereal Capital, which also invested in the equity and will be appointing a director to the company. Brightwood provided mezzanine financing. VanDeMark’s senior management will continue to be significant equity owners in the company and remain in their current positions at the company. For further information, please see Uni-World’s official release here.
Corporate Partner Steve Koval led the Kaye Scholer team that represented Uni-World, which also included Partners Sheryl Gittlitz, Laurie Abramowitz and Jeff London, Counsel Vickie Frankenburg, Lauretta Moran, John Rynkiewicz and Mary Lou Zwick, and Associates David Menchel, David Kim, Connie Ericson, Roxanne Mintz, Brian Witkowski and Alice Huling.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles