New York — Kaye Scholer recently represented Uni-World Capital as co-equity sponsor in the acquisition, together with co-equity sponsor Brightwood Capital, of VanDeMark Chemical Inc., a manufacturer of phosgene derivatives and North America's leading producer of merchant phosgene. Phosgene is a major industrial chemical used in the pharmaceutical, agricultural-chemical, polymer and fine chemical industries.
The transaction was sourced through Sidereal Capital, which also invested in the equity and will be appointing a director to the company. Brightwood provided mezzanine financing. VanDeMark’s senior management will continue to be significant equity owners in the company and remain in their current positions at the company. For further information, please see Uni-World’s official release here.
Corporate Partner Steve Koval led the Kaye Scholer team that represented Uni-World, which also included Partners Sheryl Gittlitz, Laurie Abramowitz and Jeff London, Counsel Vickie Frankenburg, Lauretta Moran, John Rynkiewicz and Mary Lou Zwick, and Associates David Menchel, David Kim, Connie Ericson, Roxanne Mintz, Brian Witkowski and Alice Huling.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes