Kaye Scholer advised longtime client Novartis on a significant multiyear alliance with California-based Aduro Biotech that is intended to enhance efforts to combat cancer by harnessing the body’s immune system. The alliance will focus on developing next generation cancer immunotherapies targeting the Stimulator of Interferon Genes (STING) pathway. Under the terms of the agreement with Aduro, Novartis will make an upfront payment of $200 million to Aduro and will make an initial equity investment in the company for $25 million, with a commitment for another $25 million equity investment at a future date.
The Kaye Scholer team on this transaction was led by Life Sciences Industry Group Co-Chair Andres Liivak and Corporate Partner Thomas Yadlon, and included Associates Tracy Belton, Marisa Silver and Tyler Conway. Intellectual Property Partners David Barr and Ben Hsing, Counsel Tatiana Alyonycheva and Associate Alan Wang helped with IP diligence, and Antitrust Practice Co-chair Saul Morgenstern, Partner Claudia Higgins and Counsel Peter Danias helped with antitrust issues.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes