Kaye Scholer recently represented New Zealand-based Vend, a cloud-based point-of-sale provider, in a business-advancing commercial partnership with Apple, Inc. to develop POS software applications for the operating system (iOS) driving the California technology company’s most successful iPhone and iPad products. As a result of the deal, announced June 3, 2015, Apple will roll out Vend’s software on its iPad devices, liberating small- to medium-sized retailers from the counter and legacy cash register systems, and providing enhanced customer experiences.
“Our client is excited to be working with Apple to empower SMB retailers to deliver a world-class retail customer experience,” said New York based Corporate Partner Glynna Christian, who led the team on this deal. “We are thrilled that our unique combination of technology transaction experience paired with emerging and established market experience helped a forward-looking company stake its claim in the mobile transactions market.”
Vend launched the world’s first cloud-based retail POS solution four years ago, with a vision for mobile devices disrupting retail. Recognizing that the iPad and iOS delivered the perfect mobile business platform for businesses running cloud-based, mobile friendly business apps, Vend committed fully to iOS and made sure its POS platform provided beautiful experiences for the sales staff, the business owner and the customer.
Today, Vend already powers more than 15,000 retailers worldwide with a simple, mobile-friendly and affordable cloud-based solution that includes all the features and benefits previously only available in expensive enterprise POS offerings. Through this deal, Vend will be able to go-to-market with the world’s leading mobile device manufacturer and mobile operating system developer to ensure its mobile POS platform continues to deliver a world-class solution for retail businesses, integrates with a growing number of iOS apps for business, and reaches even more iPad users.
In addition to Glynna, the deal team also included Silicon Valley-based Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Partner Rob Claassen and New York-based Corporate Associate Nikki Mondschein.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles