Kaye Scholer recently represented New Zealand-based Vend, a cloud-based point-of-sale provider, in a business-advancing commercial partnership with Apple, Inc. to develop POS software applications for the operating system (iOS) driving the California technology company’s most successful iPhone and iPad products. As a result of the deal, announced June 3, 2015, Apple will roll out Vend’s software on its iPad devices, liberating small- to medium-sized retailers from the counter and legacy cash register systems, and providing enhanced customer experiences.
“Our client is excited to be working with Apple to empower SMB retailers to deliver a world-class retail customer experience,” said New York based Corporate Partner Glynna Christian, who led the team on this deal. “We are thrilled that our unique combination of technology transaction experience paired with emerging and established market experience helped a forward-looking company stake its claim in the mobile transactions market.”
Vend launched the world’s first cloud-based retail POS solution four years ago, with a vision for mobile devices disrupting retail. Recognizing that the iPad and iOS delivered the perfect mobile business platform for businesses running cloud-based, mobile friendly business apps, Vend committed fully to iOS and made sure its POS platform provided beautiful experiences for the sales staff, the business owner and the customer.
Today, Vend already powers more than 15,000 retailers worldwide with a simple, mobile-friendly and affordable cloud-based solution that includes all the features and benefits previously only available in expensive enterprise POS offerings. Through this deal, Vend will be able to go-to-market with the world’s leading mobile device manufacturer and mobile operating system developer to ensure its mobile POS platform continues to deliver a world-class solution for retail businesses, integrates with a growing number of iOS apps for business, and reaches even more iPad users.
In addition to Glynna, the deal team also included Silicon Valley-based Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Partner Rob Claassen and New York-based Corporate Associate Nikki Mondschein.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts