Kaye Scholer advised private equity firm Onex Corporation and its subsidiary, Schumacher Group, in completing Schumacher’s acquisition of Hospital Physician Partners (“HPP”). HPP is the fourth largest U.S. provider of emergency and hospital medicine clinical staffing services. The transaction was completed in partnership with HPP's founders, Dr. David Schillinger and Jeffrey Schillinger.
Corporate partners Joel Greenberg and Derek Stoldt and associate Tracy Belton led the Kaye Scholer teams representing Onex and Schumacher Group on this transactions. The client team also included: Corporate associates Sharon Obialo, Chris Konieczny, Michelle Han and Tyler Conway; Tax partner Laurie Abramowitz and counsel Gregg Benson; Benefits partner Jeff London and associate Brian Witkowski; Litigation special counsel Glenn Pogust; Real Estate of counsel Irv Hepner and associate Amanda Myers; Environmental associate Connie Ericson; Finance partner Sheryl Gittlitz and associate Roxanne Mintz; HSR counsel Peter Danias; and IP counsel John Rynkiewicz.
Below is the Onex-issued press release:
Onex Completes Acquisition of Hospital Physician Partners
All amounts in U.S. dollars unless otherwise stated
Onex Corporation ("Onex") (TSX: OCX) today announced it has completed the acquisition of Hospital Physician Partners ("HPP") through its subsidiary, Schumacher Group ("Schumacher"). HPP is the fourth largest U.S. provider of emergency and hospital medicine clinical staffing services.
The transaction, completed in partnership with HPP's founders, Dr. David Schillinger and Jeffrey Schillinger, was funded by incremental debt and equity. Onex Partners IV invested $105 million and the balance of the equity was from other investors, including the management of HPP and Schumacher, and cash from Schumacher's balance sheet. Onex' share of the investment as a limited partner in the Fund was $30 million. Pro forma for the acquisition of HPP, Onex Partners IV has a 71% interest in Schumacher.
Onex is one of the oldest and most successful private equity firms with offices in Toronto, New York and London. Through its Onex Partners and ONCAP private equity funds, Onex acquires and builds high-quality businesses in partnership with talented management teams. At Onex Credit, Onex manages and invests in leveraged loans, collateralized loan obligations and other credit securities. The Company has approximately $22 billion of assets under management, including $5.9 billion of Onex capital, in private equity and credit securities. Onex invests its capital through its two investing platforms and is the largest limited partner in each of its private equity funds.
Onex' businesses have assets of $37 billion, generate annual revenues of $25 billion and employ approximately 207,000 people worldwide. Onex shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the stock symbol OCX. For more information on Onex, visit its website at www.onex.com. The Company's security filings can also be accessed at www.sedar.com.
This news release may contain forward-looking statements that are based on management's current expectations and are subject to known and unknown uncertainties and risks, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated or implied by such forward-looking statements. Onex is under no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained herein should material facts change due to new information, future events or otherwise.
Managing Director - Investor Relations
Also of Interest
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions