Kaye Scholer advised private equity firm Onex Corporation and its subsidiary, Schumacher Group, in completing Schumacher’s acquisition of Hospital Physician Partners (“HPP”). HPP is the fourth largest U.S. provider of emergency and hospital medicine clinical staffing services. The transaction was completed in partnership with HPP's founders, Dr. David Schillinger and Jeffrey Schillinger.
Corporate partners Joel Greenberg and Derek Stoldt and associate Tracy Belton led the Kaye Scholer teams representing Onex and Schumacher Group on this transactions. The client team also included: Corporate associates Sharon Obialo, Chris Konieczny, Michelle Han and Tyler Conway; Tax partner Laurie Abramowitz and counsel Gregg Benson; Benefits partner Jeff London and associate Brian Witkowski; Litigation special counsel Glenn Pogust; Real Estate of counsel Irv Hepner and associate Amanda Myers; Environmental associate Connie Ericson; Finance partner Sheryl Gittlitz and associate Roxanne Mintz; HSR counsel Peter Danias; and IP counsel John Rynkiewicz.
Below is the Onex-issued press release:
Onex Completes Acquisition of Hospital Physician Partners
All amounts in U.S. dollars unless otherwise stated
Onex Corporation ("Onex") (TSX: OCX) today announced it has completed the acquisition of Hospital Physician Partners ("HPP") through its subsidiary, Schumacher Group ("Schumacher"). HPP is the fourth largest U.S. provider of emergency and hospital medicine clinical staffing services.
The transaction, completed in partnership with HPP's founders, Dr. David Schillinger and Jeffrey Schillinger, was funded by incremental debt and equity. Onex Partners IV invested $105 million and the balance of the equity was from other investors, including the management of HPP and Schumacher, and cash from Schumacher's balance sheet. Onex' share of the investment as a limited partner in the Fund was $30 million. Pro forma for the acquisition of HPP, Onex Partners IV has a 71% interest in Schumacher.
Onex is one of the oldest and most successful private equity firms with offices in Toronto, New York and London. Through its Onex Partners and ONCAP private equity funds, Onex acquires and builds high-quality businesses in partnership with talented management teams. At Onex Credit, Onex manages and invests in leveraged loans, collateralized loan obligations and other credit securities. The Company has approximately $22 billion of assets under management, including $5.9 billion of Onex capital, in private equity and credit securities. Onex invests its capital through its two investing platforms and is the largest limited partner in each of its private equity funds.
Onex' businesses have assets of $37 billion, generate annual revenues of $25 billion and employ approximately 207,000 people worldwide. Onex shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the stock symbol OCX. For more information on Onex, visit its website at www.onex.com. The Company's security filings can also be accessed at www.sedar.com.
This news release may contain forward-looking statements that are based on management's current expectations and are subject to known and unknown uncertainties and risks, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated or implied by such forward-looking statements. Onex is under no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained herein should material facts change due to new information, future events or otherwise.
Managing Director - Investor Relations
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles