On June 16, 2016 Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, the premier provider of technology-enabled payroll and production management services to the entertainment industry, announced it had signed a definitive agreement to acquire CAPS Payroll, a leading payroll provider spanning multiple important entertainment end markets including commercial production, venues, music tours, live events, unscripted television and independent film. The combination creates a market leader with complementary services, diversified client base and strong commitment to digital solutions. Kaye Scholer served as counsel on the deal to CAPS, a portfolio company of Kaye Scholer’s private equity sponsor client Uni-World Capital.
Silver Lake, the global technology investing leader and controlling shareholder of Cast & Crew, is committing substantial additional equity to fund the acquisition and support Cast & Crew’s continued growth.
“Cast & Crew and CAPS are an ideal fit, with complementary client bases, compatible technology portfolios and consistent corporate cultures,” said Eric Belcher, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cast & Crew. “This combination will offer clients the industry’s best suite of technology enabled solutions and expand support, training and career opportunities for employees of both companies.”
Doug Sylvester, Chief Executive Officer of CAPS, noted that Cast & Crew and CAPS management are aligned with respect to the combined company strategy. “We are delighted to join an organization with exceptional relationships and expertise in the entertainment industry, a deep commitment to customer service and a clear vision of where the market is going,” he said. “Cast & Crew has a wonderful reputation with clients and employees alike, and we look forward to becoming part of the team.”
The client team was led by Corporate partner and Department co-chair, Steve Koval and Corporate counsel David Menchel, and included partners Laurie Abramowitz, Glynna Christian, Claudia Higgins and Jeff London, counsel Gregg Benson, Peter Danias, Lauretta Moran and Mary Lou Zwick, and associates LaToya Edwards, Connie Ericson, Nikki Mondschein and Sharon Obialo.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles