On June 16, 2016 Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, the premier provider of technology-enabled payroll and production management services to the entertainment industry, announced it had signed a definitive agreement to acquire CAPS Payroll, a leading payroll provider spanning multiple important entertainment end markets including commercial production, venues, music tours, live events, unscripted television and independent film. The combination creates a market leader with complementary services, diversified client base and strong commitment to digital solutions. Kaye Scholer served as counsel on the deal to CAPS, a portfolio company of Kaye Scholer’s private equity sponsor client Uni-World Capital.
Silver Lake, the global technology investing leader and controlling shareholder of Cast & Crew, is committing substantial additional equity to fund the acquisition and support Cast & Crew’s continued growth.
“Cast & Crew and CAPS are an ideal fit, with complementary client bases, compatible technology portfolios and consistent corporate cultures,” said Eric Belcher, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cast & Crew. “This combination will offer clients the industry’s best suite of technology enabled solutions and expand support, training and career opportunities for employees of both companies.”
Doug Sylvester, Chief Executive Officer of CAPS, noted that Cast & Crew and CAPS management are aligned with respect to the combined company strategy. “We are delighted to join an organization with exceptional relationships and expertise in the entertainment industry, a deep commitment to customer service and a clear vision of where the market is going,” he said. “Cast & Crew has a wonderful reputation with clients and employees alike, and we look forward to becoming part of the team.”
The client team was led by Corporate partner and Department co-chair, Steve Koval and Corporate counsel David Menchel, and included partners Laurie Abramowitz, Glynna Christian, Claudia Higgins and Jeff London, counsel Gregg Benson, Peter Danias, Lauretta Moran and Mary Lou Zwick, and associates LaToya Edwards, Connie Ericson, Nikki Mondschein and Sharon Obialo.
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes