Kaye Scholer represented an affiliate of Related Companies in its $60-million purchase of three rental properties in South and East Williamsburg from a partnership between Rockpoint Group and Urban American. The walk-up properties at 164 Havemeyer Street, 181 Havemeyer Street and 442 Lorimer Street include 104 units, some of them rent-stabilized, as well as ground-floor retail space.
A spokesperson for Related said the properties “will not only provide housing for the City’s workforce, but also offer the ability to bring a dynamic mix of retail tenants to the neighborhood.”
Related is best known for co-developing the Hudson Yards megaproject on Manhattan’s Far West Side and has been an active investor in rental housing in the outer boroughs in recent years.
The Kaye Scholer team advising Related Fund Management included Real Estate partner Jeannie Bionda, counsel Matthew Cudrin and associate James Zimmer.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises AWH Partners on Acquisition of Seattle Airport Marriott July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Brexit—What We Know June 29, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Hotel Sector Trends in 2016 and Beyond: Value and Risk Drivers June 24, 2016 • Articles
- Ten Kaye Scholer Practices Recognized, 29 Individuals Cited in Legal 500 US 2016 June 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions
- Tax Alert: Proposed Regulations May Disrupt Intercompany Debt Practices May 12, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Advises Omega Healthcare on Its Continued Expansion in the UK April 8, 2016 • Client Successes