Kaye Scholer represented Switzerland-based pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients supplier Lonza in connection with its strategic acquisition of California-based InterHealth Nutraceuticals Inc., a portfolio company of Kainos Capital. The deal, which was announced August 15, is valued up to US $300 million and is expected to close in September 2016.
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the life sciences industry, and InterHealth’s more than 15 branded ingredients, including its cornerstone ingredient, UC-II, which is revolutionizing the joint-health segment, are expected to complement its existing nutritional portfolio in the area of sports nutrition, weight management, immune health and pet health. The acquisition will also expand Lonza’s offerings into new areas such as cognitive and diabetic health.
“With this acquisition Lonza is taking a further step along our strategic path as a high-value supplier to the healthcare continuum,” Lonza CEO Richard Ridinger said. “We see significant positive synergies from this combination.”
The Kaye Scholer team for this transaction included Corporate partner Aaron Gardner and associates Marisa White and Shay Soltani, Tax & Private Clients partners Laurie Abramowitz and Jeffrey London, Intellectual Property partner David Barr and Environmental associate Connie Ericson.
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes