Kaye Scholer represented Switzerland-based pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients supplier Lonza in connection with its strategic acquisition of California-based InterHealth Nutraceuticals Inc., a portfolio company of Kainos Capital. The deal, which was announced August 15, is valued up to US $300 million and is expected to close in September 2016.
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the life sciences industry, and InterHealth’s more than 15 branded ingredients, including its cornerstone ingredient, UC-II, which is revolutionizing the joint-health segment, are expected to complement its existing nutritional portfolio in the area of sports nutrition, weight management, immune health and pet health. The acquisition will also expand Lonza’s offerings into new areas such as cognitive and diabetic health.
“With this acquisition Lonza is taking a further step along our strategic path as a high-value supplier to the healthcare continuum,” Lonza CEO Richard Ridinger said. “We see significant positive synergies from this combination.”
The Kaye Scholer team for this transaction included Corporate partner Aaron Gardner and associates Marisa White and Shay Soltani, Tax & Private Clients partners Laurie Abramowitz and Jeffrey London, Intellectual Property partner David Barr and Environmental associate Connie Ericson.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes