New York, – Kaye Scholer LLP is pleased to announce that, effective January 1, 2011, Michael D. Messersmith will be named Partner of the firm.
Michael D. Messersmith (Business Reorganization and Creditors’ Rights, Chicago) represents lenders, bondholders, agents, indenture trustees, hedge funds and other financial institutions, as well as borrowers, in distressed situations, workouts and bankruptcy proceedings throughout the United States. A primary focus of Mr. Messersmith’s practice is advising ad hoc groups of lenders and bondholders in restructuring situations.
The firm is also pleased to announce that the following lawyers were promoted to Counsel:
Tatiana N. Alyonycheva (Intellectual Property, New York) focuses her practice on patent litigation and client counseling in matters involving chemical arts, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and polymorphs. She has been involved in all aspects of patent litigation enforcing U.S. patent rights, including ANDA litigations.
Samuel Lonergan (Complex Commercial Litigation, New York) concentrates his practice in complex commercial disputes, with a particular focus on pharmaceutical pricing and marketing, fraud and Deceptive Trade Practices Act matters, and civil and criminal internal corporate investigations.
Patrick A. Michel (Corporate & Finance, New York) advises investment managers and advisors of a range of investment funds, including private equity funds, hedge funds, real estate funds and venture capital funds, on commercial and regulatory issues. He also has experience in mergers and acquisitions, finance and real estate transactions.
Matthew J. Micheli (Business Reorganization and Creditors’ Rights, Chicago) represents corporate debtors, lenders, agents and other financial institutions in complex transactions involving company-side reorganizations and debt restructurings, distressed divestitures and acquisitions, and out-of-court workouts throughout the United States.
Tiffany R. Moseley (Complex Commercial Litigation, Washington, DC) is a skilled trial and appellate lawyer with extensive experience in both complex civil litigation matters and criminal prosecutions. She has handled cases for major corporations involving intellectual property disputes, mass torts, environmental matters, SEC investigations and insurance suits, and was an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of California.
Michael B. Solow and Barry Willner, Kaye Scholer’s Co-Managing Partners, said: “We take great pride in announcing our new Partner class and Counsel promotions. Each of these individuals exemplifies what it means to be a Kaye Scholer lawyer. Their demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of professional excellence, their capacity to be leaders in our firm and in the legal profession, and the various experiences and perspectives they each offer will serve our clients well.”
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles