CHICAGO – Kaye Scholer LLP is pleased to announce that D. Tyler Nurnberg, a partner in the Business Reorganization and Creditors’ Rights Group, has been named Managing Partner of the Chicago office. Nurnberg is a founding member of the Chicago office, which has grown to over thirty lawyers and is celebrating its 10th Anniversary. Nurnberg takes over for Michael B. Solow, who is now serving as Co-Managing Partner of the firm.
“Tyler possesses the leadership skills necessary to manage our growing Chicago office, and ensure the high level of service and inter-practice collaboration we are known for,” said Solow. “It is an exciting time to be a part of the Chicago office, which will double its space under a new long-term lease this spring and continue adding to an already top-flight group of attorneys.”
Nurnberg’s practice consists of representing banks, institutional investors and troubled companies in workouts and reorganizations throughout the United States and in cross-border restructurings. He has substantial experience representing private equity funds with distressed portfolio companies and also represents investors looking to acquire troubled businesses.
Nurnberg was recognized as a “rising star” in bankruptcy/restructuring law in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in 2007 and 2008, and is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute. He is a former law clerk to the Hon. Jack B. Schmetterer, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He earned his J.D. from the Northwestern University School of Law in 1994, and his B.S. in Finance from the University of Illinois in 1991.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- New LSTA Par/Near Par Delayed Compensation Regime August 31, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Primoff Named Best in Insolvency & Restructuring at Americas Women in Business Law Awards August 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- LSTA Distressed vs. Par/Near Par Secondary Trading Documents—A Review and Analysis June 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Brexit—What We Know June 29, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Primoff Named Best in Insolvency & Restructuring at Americas Women in Business Law Awards June 13, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions