NEW YORK – Kaye Scholer announced today that Vincent A. Sama and Catherine B. Schumacher have joined the firm’s Litigation practice as Partners in its New York Office. They were previously Partners at Winston & Strawn LLP. Mr. Sama will serve as the Chair of the Securities and Derivative Litigation Practice Group and Co-Chair of the Complex Commercial Litigation Department.
“Vinny and Kate are exceptional additions to Kaye Scholer’s leading litigation practice,” said Michael B. Solow, Co-Managing Partner of Kaye Scholer. “Their handling of high-stakes, complicated litigations for companies and directors will enable us to significantly expand the scope of this practice in New York,” added Barry Willner, Co-Managing Partner of Kaye Scholer. “We welcome Vinny as the newest member of our senior leadership team,” noted Stephen Gliatta, Co-Chair of Kaye Scholer’s Executive Committee and Co-Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Department.
Sama concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, securities and derivative litigation, internal and government investigations, international commercial disputes, and arbitration matters. His experience includes matters involving finance, accounting, and securities law issues, derivative litigation, insurance and reinsurance, intellectual property, sports, entertainment, joint ventures and long-term contractual relationships, real estate development and finance, and antitrust. Sama has been involved in several high profile cases, including federal and state court cases and Delaware Chancery Court cases relating to American International Group, Inc., Computer Associates, United Rentals and the recent merger of GLG Partners, Inc. and the Man Group plc. Sama received a J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School and a B.A., summa cum laude, from Columbia College.
Schumacher focuses her practice in complex commercial litigation, securities and derivative litigation, and internal and government investigations. Her experience includes representing individual directors and officers, investment banks, and issuers in federal and state courts, as well as in corporate internal and regulatory investigations. In addition, Schumacher has represented foreign corporations and individuals in actions brought under the federal RICO statute, the Anti-Terrorism Act, and the Alien Tort Claims Act. Schumacher received a J.D. from Fordham University School of Law, and a B.A., magna cum laude, from Boston College.
“We are thrilled to join Kaye Scholer’s top notch litigation practice and its outstanding group of litigators who will complement our own practice,” said Vincent Sama. “I know that Kate joins me in looking forward to being part of the Kaye Scholer team.”
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes