Washington, DC: Noted antitrust litigator Laura Shores has joined Kaye Scholer as a partner in its Washington, DC office.
Previously a partner at Pepper Hamilton, Shores focuses on civil and criminal antitrust litigation, including the defense of actions brought under the Sherman Act, the Federal Trade Commission Act and their state law counterparts. She has broad experience representing clients in the pharmaceutical industry, as well as companies and individuals in criminal antitrust investigations. Shores has additional experience in white-collar crime, securities law and complex commercial litigation matters, having successfully defended clients against claims of money laundering, accounting and securities fraud, and procurement fraud.
“Kaye Scholer has a long, illustrious history when it comes to the practice of antitrust, and Laura’s accomplishments and decades of courtroom experience continue to build on that tradition. We are very pleased to welcome her to the firm and our Washington, DC office,” said Kaye Scholer Managing Partner Michael Solow.
She is particularly noted for her exceptional performance in court. Recent successes include securing the dismissal of a class action against a major pharmaceutical manufacturer concerning an alleged “reverse payment” settlement. Other key matters include successfully defending Schering-Plough Corporation in the first reverse payment case tried before the Federal Trade Commission and obtaining the dismissal of federal securities class actions against a pharmaceutical company and its CEO.
“Laura is not only a perfect fit for our antitrust team both culturally and professionally, but her vast experience defending major pharmaceutical and other life sciences companies further enhances our already formidable strengths as a top life sciences law firm,” said Washington, DC partner Robert Bell, Co-Head of Kaye Scholer’s Antitrust Practice.
“I was drawn to Kaye Scholer by the caliber of its antitrust practice and its reputation for successfully defending pharmaceutical companies in high-stakes litigation,” said Shores. “In addition, its global platform will be of enormous value to my clients in international cartel investigations.”
Before joining Pepper Hamilton, Shores was a partner at Howrey. A member of the Section of Antitrust Law of the American Bar Association, she frequently writes and speaks on antitrust law issues. A graduate of Smith College, she received her JD from University of Chicago Law School.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Three Partners Named to Benchmark Litigation’s Inaugural “Under 40 Hot List” August 11, 2016 • Recognitions
- Handelsblatt Rechtsboard Publishes Steger’s Article on German Competition... July 25, 2016 • Articles
- Are You Acquiring Voting Securities with Investment Intent? It Depends on Who’s Asking July 22, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Achieves Complete Victory for Spirit AeroSystems in Securities Class Action July 6, 2016 • Client Successes
- Three Kaye Scholer Partners Named Among Benchmark Litigation’s Top 250 Women... June 29, 2016 • Recognitions