CHICAGO: Intellectual property lawyer Dina Hayes has joined Kaye Scholer as Counsel in its Chicago office.
Hayes focuses her practice on patent and trademark litigation. She is experienced in all facets of full scale multiple-patent and multiple-party patent litigation. Her recent matters include complex patent cases involving biomedical infusion devices, power wheelchair suspension systems, cardiac ablation devices and techniques, and digital audio fingerprinting methods.
“We are happy to welcome Dina as the latest addition to our growing IP practice here in Chicago,” said Kaye Scholer Partner Robert Unikel. “Her in-depth understanding of all areas of patent and trademark litigation will strengthen the offerings of our nationally-renowned Intellectual Property Department across the board.”
In addition to her trial experience, Hayes is skilled in resolving patent matters through mediation, including the preparation of mediation statements, participation in mediation discussions and the negotiation of license and settlement agreements. She also advises clients in matters connected with application, opposition and reexamination proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office for both patents and trademarks.
Hayes served as a law clerk to the Honorable Philip G. Reinhard in the Northern District of Illinois, Western Division. During that time, she served as a specialized patent law clerk at trial for lawsuits involving genetically engineered corn. She received her JD from DePaul University College of Law and also holds a BS in Biology from the College of William and Mary.
Launched more than 45 years ago, Kaye Scholer’s Intellectual Property Department focuses on resolving disputes, both in and out of the courtroom. With an emphasis on patent litigation suits, we combine sophisticated scientific, technical and business knowledge with extensive courtroom experience. We also defend high-stakes trademark, false advertising, and copyright lawsuits and advise companies on trade secrets protection, hearings before the PTO and Section 337 cases before the ITC. In addition, we advise on technology and outsourcing issues, working in conjunction with our transactional teams.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles