Edward Vergara has joined Kaye Scholer’s New York office as a partner in the firm’s Tax & Private Clients Department. Vergara’s practice focuses on advising individuals and private companies making investment and succession planning decisions. He represents clients with personal and business ties to a variety of international jurisdictions in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America.
“With Ed’s addition to our leading Private Clients group, Kaye Scholer expands its reach on both the East and West coasts, as well as in Latin America,” said Kaye Scholer’s managing partner Michael Solow. “Ed brings a valuable dimension to our globally recognized tax services that will benefit both existing and new clients seeking international financial counseling.”
Vergara’s diverse client base includes fund managers, family businesses and entrepreneurs, in each case pursuing important tax and estate planning objectives that must be balanced against practical business considerations and investor demands. He regularly advises clients on tax-efficient structuring of investments in both the domestic and cross-border context, tax issues relevant to immigration into or out of the United States, as well as multinational families owning US and non-US businesses, and beneficiaries of foreign trusts and foundations.
“Ed’s extensive experience providing sophisticated financial strategies to high net worth individuals will prove to be a valuable asset for our clients,” said Laurie Abramowitz, chair of Kaye Scholer’s Tax & Private Clients Department. “As a native Spanish speaker, Ed will also assist with the Department’s expansion into Latin America, which will complement our existing client base in Europe and Israel.”
“Kaye Scholer, a respected and prestigious brand in the trusts and estates field, stands out as a result of their multidisciplinary transactional and litigation practices,” said Vergara. “Few firms in the private client space have as extensive experience as Kaye Scholer in sophisticated inbound and outbound commercial work.”
Vergara is admitted to the bar in New York, California and Connecticut. He earned his LLM from New York University School of Law, his JD from Georgetown University Law Center and his BA from New College of Florida. He is a frequent guest lecturer on panels regarding domestic and international estate planning, and is regularly cited in the media on a variety of tax and estate-planning topics.
Also of Interest
- Get a Hold of Your QSBS Holding Period December 2, 2016 • Articles
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Pfizer in Acquisition of Bamboo Therapeutics August 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents NexPhase Capital in Acquisition of Zing Zang July 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Brexit—What We Know June 29, 2016 • Client Alerts