Originally appeared in Structured Credit Investor on March 12, 2015
Structured Credit Investor extensively quotes Finance Department Chair Henry Morriello and Partner Lawton Camp in “Ready for Take-Off, Aircraft ABS Building Momentum,” an article focusing on how aircraft ABS appears to be shrugging off the esoteric label and establishing itself as an asset class in its own right.
According to the article, the sector has a track record that investors can analyze and is showing signs of diversity in both structure and collateral. “Aircraft ABS is considered to be an esoteric asset class in the broad sense of the term. However, aircraft ABS has evolved substantially since the early 1990s and is clearly considered a significant standalone asset class,” says Camp.
Addressing the multiple sources of funding for aircraft ABS, Morriello notes: “Aircraft lease securitization has been regaining momentum after the crisis. The Emerald transaction by Avolon and a number of other transactions were helpful in re-establishing the market. There are a number of deals in the market at the minute.”
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes