Golodner on Starting the Conversation about Crown Jewel Security.
Kaye Scholer Global Cybersecurity & Privacy Group leader Adam Golodner has authored the “International Inflection Point—Companies, Governments, and Rules of the Road” chapter for Navigating the Digital Age: The Definitive Cybersecurity Guide for Directors and Officers, a cutting-edge new guide to cybersecurity written expressly for C-suite executives, council and boards of directors.
As a global issue for any company, cyber and how to prevent trust-eroding cyberattacks has created more concern within corporate C-suites and boardrooms than most any other issue. In his timely chapter, Golodner focuses on the legal and regulatory considerations of a rapidly approaching “future of embedded everything and hyper connectivity.”
Golodner notes that cyber issues are not new per se; that in some sense they are the same issues countries and societies have been dealing with for centuries—theft, fraud, vandalism, espionage and war. The difference, he argues, is that cyber presents new facts and forces countries and companies to work out differences that could be avoided in a less-global past.
Given the truly global nature of the issue, Golodner says companies and countries need to chart a new path forward, starting with the need to have acceptable ‘rules of the road.’
“We need to move fast to apply new facts to old principles now and help shape the future,” Golodner writes in the introduction to his chapter. He then discusses which principles and rules should animate global ‘rules of the road’ and the roles of companies, boards of directors and CEOs in shaping cyber laws globally, as well as approaches to help ensure both security and privacy.
In addition to Golodner’s chapter, Navigating the Digital Age: The Definitive Cybersecurity Guide for Directors and Officers features analyses from more than 35 contributors, including the president of NYSE Governance Services and the CEOs of VISA and Palo Alto Networks. Additional organizations that provided insights include Accenture, Booz Allen, The Chertoff Group, Dell Secure Works, Institutional Shareholder Services, Lockton Insurance, the US Department of Justice, Wells Fargo and the World Economic Forum.
Navigating the Digital Age: The Definitive Cybersecurity Guide for Directors and Officers is published by Caxton Business & Legal Inc. and sponsored by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and Palo Alto Networks.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions