Steger on 2015 European Court Decisions Related to the European Commission’s Reduction of Fines for Cartel Ban Violations
Frankfurt-based associate Dr. Jens Steger published commentary in the journal Der Betrieb (No.47, 11.20.2015, page 2774) providing an overview of select 2015 European Court decisions related to the European Commission’s reduction of fines for cartel ban violations.
Over the past years, the fines, imposed against companies violating Article 101, Paragraph 1 TFEU, which regulates the cartel ban, have constantly increased. Jens notes that numerous penalty notice documents occasionally reveal partly blatant errors which could, in the long run, potentially lead to reductions of the fines for affected companies.
>> Read Commentary (German)
Also of Interest
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Morgenstern, Patterson Assess Second Circuit’s Antitrust Legacy in Fordham Law Review September 19, 2016 • Articles
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Handelsblatt Rechtsboard Publishes Steger’s Article on German Competition... July 25, 2016 • Articles
- Are You Acquiring Voting Securities with Investment Intent? It Depends on Who’s Asking July 22, 2016 • Client Alerts