Steger on 2015 European Court Decisions Related to the European Commission’s Reduction of Fines for Cartel Ban Violations
Frankfurt-based associate Dr. Jens Steger published commentary in the journal Der Betrieb (No.47, 11.20.2015, page 2774) providing an overview of select 2015 European Court decisions related to the European Commission’s reduction of fines for cartel ban violations.
Over the past years, the fines, imposed against companies violating Article 101, Paragraph 1 TFEU, which regulates the cartel ban, have constantly increased. Jens notes that numerous penalty notice documents occasionally reveal partly blatant errors which could, in the long run, potentially lead to reductions of the fines for affected companies.
>> Read Commentary (German)
Also of Interest
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Handelsblatt Rechtsboard Publishes Steger’s Article on German Competition... July 25, 2016 • Articles
- Are You Acquiring Voting Securities with Investment Intent? It Depends on Who’s Asking July 22, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Three Kaye Scholer Partners Named Among Benchmark Litigation’s Top 250 Women... June 29, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions
- Morgenstern & Antitrust Practice Profiled in GCR's “New York’s Competition Bar” April 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Steger Discusses Abuse of Dominance and Big Data in Handelsblatt April 5, 2016 • Articles