Steger on 2015 European Court Decisions Related to the European Commission’s Reduction of Fines for Cartel Ban Violations
Frankfurt-based associate Dr. Jens Steger published commentary in the journal Der Betrieb (No.47, 11.20.2015, page 2774) providing an overview of select 2015 European Court decisions related to the European Commission’s reduction of fines for cartel ban violations.
Over the past years, the fines, imposed against companies violating Article 101, Paragraph 1 TFEU, which regulates the cartel ban, have constantly increased. Jens notes that numerous penalty notice documents occasionally reveal partly blatant errors which could, in the long run, potentially lead to reductions of the fines for affected companies.
>> Read Commentary (German)
Also of Interest
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Compliance Berater Publishes Jungermann Article on Antitrust Follow-On Issues November 1, 2016 • Articles
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Morgenstern, Patterson Assess Second Circuit’s Antitrust Legacy in Fordham Law Review September 19, 2016 • Articles