The well-known German legal journal Deutscher AnwaltSpiegel published an article by Frankfurt-based Litigation partner Dr. Michael Weigel and counsel Alexander Druckenbrodt on the EU regulation regarding serving judicial and extrajudicial documents to foreign countries. The article, „Mehr Rechtssicherheit—EuGH: Rechtswahrung durch Zustellung außergerichtlicher Schriftstücke im Ausland” (“More Legal Certainty—ECJ: Assertion of Rights by Service of Extrajudicial Documents to a Foreign Country”), was published on January 13, 2016.
In the article, the authors review the Nov. 11, 2015 European Court of Justice decision (File No. C-223/14) confirming that the EU regulation on international service of documents applies to extrajudicial documents in the form of claim letters as well. The authors note that the decision clarifies the legal background of such service within the EU.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions