On January 23, 2009, the State Administration of Taxation issued a Circular on Issues Concerning QFIIs' Payment of Withholding Tax on PRC-Sourced Dividend, Profit Distribution and Interest Income (the "Circular"). The Circular clarifies that, according to the new Enterprise Income Tax Law and its Implementation Rules, withholding tax shall be levied at a rate of 10 percent on QFIIs' PRC-sourced dividend and interest income upon payment or accrual of interest by a PRC-resident enterprise. Certain eligible QFIIs may apply to the PRC tax authority for preferential treatment as provided in relevant tax treaties, which preferential treatment may include tax refunds. The Circular changes the previous rules, which did not require QFIIs to pay any PRC tax.
Copyright ©2009 by Kaye Scholer LLP. All Rights Reserved. This publication is intended as a general guide only. It does not contain a general legal analysis or constitute an opinion of Kaye Scholer LLP or any member of the firm on the legal issues described. It is recommended that readers not rely on this general guide but that professional advice be sought in connection with individual matters. References herein to "Kaye Scholer LLP & Affiliates," "Kaye Scholer," "Kaye Scholer LLP," "the firm" and terms of similar import refer to Kaye Scholer LLP and its affiliates operating in various jurisdictions.
Also of Interest
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Spring 2016 March 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Q&A with Alice Young: Diversity Experiences and Achieving Success in the Legal Profession April 6, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer’s Shanghai Corporate Team Recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 2014年11月5日 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities Recognized in IFLR1000 2015 October 27, 2014 • Recognitions
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Summer 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- How Chinese Companies Can Successfully Invest in the United States June 30, 2014 • Articles
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Spring 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Recognized in Six Practice Areas Worldwide in Chambers Global 2014 March 13, 2014 • Recognitions
- Shanghai Corporate Department Recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 February 18, 2014 • Recognitions