February 27, 2009, the State Administration of Taxation issued the Circular on
Issues Concerning Tax Treatments for Enterprise Income Tax ("EIT") (the "Circular"),
effective, retroactively, January 1, 2008.
The Circular clarifies certain tax treatments as provided in the new EIT
Law and its Implementing Regulations, so that enterprises can follow the
specified tax treatments in their 2008 annual EIT filing and make informed
decisions on their tax treatment options.
The Circular sets forth the treatment of certain taxable items incurred
before the enforcement of the new EIT Law.
These include: treatment for fixed assets purchased before 2008,
treatment for deferred income, interest, rent and royalty income recognized in
accordance with the old EIT Law, treatment for the balance of the previous year's
staff welfare expenses, education funds, wage funds and advertising expenses,
treatment for losses caused by additional deduction of R&D expenses, and
treatment for pre-start-up expenses. Enterprises should consider the tax
treatments for the above items when filing their 2008 EIT returns.
Copyright ©2008 by Kaye Scholer LLP. All Rights Reserved. This publication is intended as a general guide only. It does not contain a general legal analysis or constitute an opinion of Kaye Scholer LLP or any member of the firm on the legal issues described. It is recommended that readers not rely on this general guide but that professional advice be sought in connection with individual matters.References herein to "Kaye Scholer LLP & Affiliates," "Kaye Scholer," "Kaye Scholer LLP," "the firm" and terms of similar import refer to Kaye Scholer LLP and its affiliates operating in various jurisdictions.
Also of Interest
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Spring 2016 March 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Q&A with Alice Young: Diversity Experiences and Achieving Success in the Legal Profession April 6, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer’s Shanghai Corporate Team Recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 2014年11月5日 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities Recognized in IFLR1000 2015 October 27, 2014 • Recognitions
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Summer 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- How Chinese Companies Can Successfully Invest in the United States June 30, 2014 • Articles
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Spring 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Recognized in Six Practice Areas Worldwide in Chambers Global 2014 March 13, 2014 • Recognitions
- Shanghai Corporate Department Recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 February 18, 2014 • Recognitions