On September 30, 2009, the State Post Bureau issued the Circular on Publishing the Standards for Approval of and Verifying the Qualifications for Express Delivery Business Licenses (the “Circular”), effective October 1, 2009. The Circular sets forth the procedures and documentation for express delivery business license applications, and further clarifies certain undefined terms in the newly revised Postal Law and the Administrative Measures for License of Express Businesses (the “Measures”). The Circular is a practical guideline and supplement to the Postal Law and the Measures, which were both issued earlier in 2009 and effective October 1, 2009. According to these rules, any enterprise involved in the express delivery business shall obtain a “license for express delivery business,” which will be granted by applicable postal authorities after verifying the adequacy of the service capability, quality control system, tracking system and delivery personnel, as well as the amount of registered capital of the enterprise. The Circular provides that only postal enterprises may deliver letters, and excludes other enterprises from this business. The rules also provide that foreign-invested enterprises are still not allowed to conduct express delivery service for letters in China.
Copyright ©2009 by Kaye Scholer LLP. All Rights Reserved. This publication is intended as a general guide only. It does not contain a general legal analysis or constitute an opinion of Kaye Scholer LLP or any member of the firm on the legal issues described. It is recommended that readers not rely on this general guide but that professional advice be sought in connection with individual matters.References herein to "Kaye Scholer LLP & Affiliates," "Kaye Scholer," "Kaye Scholer LLP," "the firm" and terms of similar import refer to Kaye Scholer LLP and its affiliates operating in various jurisdictions.
Also of Interest
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Spring 2016 March 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Q&A with Alice Young: Diversity Experiences and Achieving Success in the Legal Profession April 6, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer’s Shanghai Corporate Team Recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 2014年11月5日 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities Recognized in IFLR1000 2015 October 27, 2014 • Recognitions
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Summer 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- How Chinese Companies Can Successfully Invest in the United States June 30, 2014 • Articles
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Spring 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Recognized in Six Practice Areas Worldwide in Chambers Global 2014 March 13, 2014 • Recognitions
- Shanghai Corporate Department Recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 February 18, 2014 • Recognitions