Summary: ESMA’s 27 March 2014 opinion on good practices for product governance arrangements for structured retail products focuses on investment firms that manufacture and distribute retail products. The practices recommended by ESMA relate to:
• The complexity of the relevant structured retail products;
• The nature and range of the investment services and activities undertaken; and
• The types of investors for whom certain products may be suitable.
ESMA expects national competent authorities to embed these good practices in their supervisory approaches to structured retail products providers.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions