Summary: ESMA’s 27 March 2014 opinion on good practices for product governance arrangements for structured retail products focuses on investment firms that manufacture and distribute retail products. The practices recommended by ESMA relate to:
• The complexity of the relevant structured retail products;
• The nature and range of the investment services and activities undertaken; and
• The types of investors for whom certain products may be suitable.
ESMA expects national competent authorities to embed these good practices in their supervisory approaches to structured retail products providers.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Airfinance Journal Names Kaye Scholer as a Top Firm August 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- ETF.com Featured Moriarty in “How ‘Women in ETFs’ is Making Inroads” August 5, 2016 • Media Mentions