Margaret Rogers is an Associate in the Complex Commercial Litigation Department. She litigates complex commercial and antitrust disputes, including class action litigation, for clients in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Margaret also has experience in a variety of contract, real estate and other business litigation and arbitration matters. Margaret is proficient in both state and federal practice and procedure and has experience in all stages of pre-trial litigation and appeal. She has managed discovery, worked with experts to develop reports and testimony, written briefs and motions at all stages of litigation, and successfully argued on appeal. She has counseled and represented clients in such industries as publishing, rail freight transportation, pharmaceuticals and financial services.
From mid-2012 through 2013, Margaret served as a law clerk for the Honorable Vincent L. Briccetti in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Margaret is a member of the Federal Bar Council, and the American Bar Association, Antitrust Section. She serves on the Class Action Committee of the New York State Bar Association, Antitrust Section. Margaret received a JD cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center and a BA cum laude in Political Science from Wellesley College.
Margaret has maintained an active pro bono practice handling civil and criminal appellate litigation matters.
- Representation of Penguin Group USA LLC in an antitrust lawsuit against major U.S. publishers alleging collusion to fix the pricing structure of e-books.
- In Re Rail Freight Fuel Surcharge Antitrust Litigation (U.S. District Court, D.D.C.). Co-counsel defending a major railroad in a nationwide class action antitrust lawsuit against major US railroads alleging collusion to fix fuel surcharges on freight shipments in violation of the Sherman Act.
- Representation of major financial services companies in fraudulent transfer litigation in connection with Mervyn’s bankruptcy.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Successfully Represents Majority Lenders in Defeating TRO for Arch Coal Debt Swap October 22, 2015 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Is “Friend of the Court,” and of Law Firm Client Interests, in “Unfinished Business” Litigation July 1, 2014 • Client Successes