Eric Rothman is Counsel in the Corporate Department of Kaye Scholer’s New York office and a member of the firm’s Life Sciences Group.
Eric has experience in a broad range of matters, including assisting life sciences companies with licensing transactions, distribution and supply arrangements, product acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate partnering, along with experience in structured finance and securitization arrangements, antitrust, corporate restructuring, corporate compliance and disclosure, corporate governance and other general corporate matters. Eric also assists high net worth individuals in connection with their closely held domestic and international corporations in similar corporate undertakings. In addition, Eric advises on real estate, transactional and governance matters.
Prior to joining Kaye Scholer, Eric was an associate in the New York office of Chadbourne & Parke.
- Representation of both domestic and international pharmaceutical companies in connection with various licensing agreements, distribution and supply arrangements, joint ventures, product acquisitions, authorized generic agreements, corporate restructuring, corporate governance and other various corporate matters.
- Representation of Purdue Pharma and Mundipharma International Corporation in connection with the acquisition from VM Pharma LLC of VM-902A, a first-in-class, allosteric selective tropomyosin receptor kinase A (TrkA) inhibitor, for the treatment of pain.
- Representation of Mundipharma International Corporation Limited in connection with its entry into a License, Development and Commercialization Agreement with Medical Developments International Limited for Penthrox® (low dose methoxyflurane) in Europe, as a self‐inhaled analgesic for the treatment of emergency pain.
- Representation of Mundipharma Laboratories GmbH and Purdue Pharma in connection with their entry into a global multi program discovery and development collaboration with Laboratorios Esteve, S.A. for various next generation products for pain management.
- Representation of Purdue Pharma in a proposed joint venture with AnaBios Corporation aimed at accelerating the development of Purdue’s Nav1.7 sodium ion channel compounds for the treatment of chronic pain.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical company in connection with an option to acquire from a privately held pharmaceutical company the rights to a novel development stage drug-device combination for the treatment of solid tumors as well as other indications, such as benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Representation of Mundipharma Medical Company in connection with a distribution license from Celltrion Healthcare Hungary Kft for Remsima™ (infliximab), the first biosimilar monoclonal antibody (mAb) to be recommended for authorization by the European Medicines Agency’s Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use, for the treatment of chronic inflammatory disorders and other autoimmune diseases.
- Representation of Mundipharma International Corporation in connection with a strategic collaboration agreement with Allos Therapeutics, Inc. to co-develop FOLOTYN® (pralatrexate injection), a folate analogue metabolic inhibitor for the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma, outside the United States and Canada.
- Representation of Mundipharma International Corporation Limited and Purdue Pharma in connection with their entry into strategic alliance agreements with Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in the areas of oncology and analgesics.